By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Fans! Who would you rather win this gen XB1 or PS4?

Who would you rather win?

Xbox One 122 15.40%

PS4 432 54.55%

See Results 237 29.92%

Total:791
jetforcejiminy said:

not going to argue with you about the quantity. there's no question there are more open-world games of the sort you seem to be referring to. this is usually not what people mean by adventure, tho--they've sort of become their own sub-genre (sandbox/open-world action/adventure/shooter/rpg?). anyway, i played mordor a little while back, tbh it's an lotr-themed assassin's creed 2 reskin. which is not a bad thing b/c ac2 was probably the best ac game, but still. gta i don't feel has evolved in its basic structure or its sandbox-y gameplay since gta3 on the ps2. i haven't enjoyed a gta game since as much as i did vice city, but that was mostly because the new-wavey setting/music and the miami vice theme was so hilariously bad it was good.

these seem to me to be glorified map-clearing exercises rather than games. i can def appreciate those things, but i feel as tho the gameplay has not really changed in any substantial way. for some of them (gta, far cry, etc) skill doesn't even matter. anybody could play them, whereas precision is demanded by metroid and zelda (and castlevania and so on). i feel like i often have to try to get killed in gta, even.

You make some fair points and games like gta must not be for you. they haven't change much from their basic structure and they won't. just like mario kart or ssb hasn;t changed from there basic structure either. If a game ain't broken no need to fix it. Now milking it to the extent of COD, FIFA, Assassins Creed  or Forza will prob not leave the series in the best possible light but most games are not milked like them. 

castlevanie is on playstation BTW. i'm sure zelda and metroid are good games but just because you think they're harder doesn't mean they're better or more fun. Obviously they are for you but people buying the others wouldn't think so. 

Far Cry 4 was my first ever far cry and it was some adventure. never played anything like it. I'm not gonna go "you know what zelda, was harder and more precise then that, plus Far Cry 4 is said to play the same as the previous, so i'm gonna say it's not that great". It just doesn't work like that and can you honestly say sequels to zelda, or pokemon or monster hunter have changed that much? No they haven't because they're sequels. 

Around the Network

Sony because they have more than 2 games.

padib said:

It really depends on what you like. What if I don't like TLoU, GTA, Unity, all these violent games? What if I like Super Mario 3D World, what if I like Lego City Stories, what if I like a violent but novel concept like ZombiU?

I agree that consensus would say that the PS4 is a better adventure platform, but it all depends on your tastes which really have almost nothing to do with graphics when it comes to adventure games, but more to do with Story, art style and exploration.

It sounds like what you like is what is only on nintendo. If that's the case there is only one answer for you. Nonty is better. There are many like you and i respect that. But for the average person the Playstation will be better. Hence they buy those games a lot more. 

But I'm oretty sure over the life of the PS4 you will find a lot of games that fit your needs perfectly. You like Lego? PS4 gets those games. You like platformers, PS4 gets ratchet and clank among others. 

A novel violent gam. Outlast maybe? WHat about games like no mans sky or little big planet or god of war 3? others like like brothers a tale of two souls is an excellent adventure game. Braid, journey, dead nation, flower, super stardust hd, resogun,  fat princess, limbo, wipeout hd, flow or battlefield 1943? 

I bet if all those listed games were WIi U exclusives you'd be telling me how much you love loads of them and how you can't get something like them on other consoles. If you limited yourself to a nintendo home console only you miss out on a lot of games you will like. 

Kerotan said:
jetforcejiminy said:

not going to argue with you about the quantity. there's no question there are more open-world games of the sort you seem to be referring to. this is usually not what people mean by adventure, tho--they've sort of become their own sub-genre (sandbox/open-world action/adventure/shooter/rpg?). anyway, i played mordor a little while back, tbh it's an lotr-themed assassin's creed 2 reskin. which is not a bad thing b/c ac2 was probably the best ac game, but still. gta i don't feel has evolved in its basic structure or its sandbox-y gameplay since gta3 on the ps2. i haven't enjoyed a gta game since as much as i did vice city, but that was mostly because the new-wavey setting/music and the miami vice theme was so hilariously bad it was good.

these seem to me to be glorified map-clearing exercises rather than games. i can def appreciate those things, but i feel as tho the gameplay has not really changed in any substantial way. for some of them (gta, far cry, etc) skill doesn't even matter. anybody could play them, whereas precision is demanded by metroid and zelda (and castlevania and so on). i feel like i often have to try to get killed in gta, even.

You make some fair points and games like gta must not be for you. they haven't change much from their basic structure and they won't. just like mario kart or ssb hasn;t changed from there basic structure either. If a game ain't broken no need to fix it. Now milking it to the extent of COD, FIFA, Assassins Creed  or Forza will prob not leave the series in the best possible light but most games are not milked like them. 

castlevanie is on playstation BTW. i'm sure zelda and metroid are good games but just because you think they're harder doesn't mean they're better or more fun. Obviously they are for you but people buying the others wouldn't think so. 

Far Cry 4 was my first ever far cry and it was some adventure. never played anything like it. I'm not gonna go "you know what zelda, was harder and more precise then that, plus Far Cry 4 is said to play the same as the previous, so i'm gonna say it's not that great". It just doesn't work like that and can you honestly say sequels to zelda, or pokemon or monster hunter have changed that much? No they haven't because they're sequels. 

wikipedia says an adventure game is "a video game in which the player assumes the role of protagonist in an interactive story driven by exploration and puzzle-solving" (e.g. zelda). very narrowly defined, that's what an adventure game is (it does not include rpgs, tho adventure games can have rpg elements, but does include text adventures like maniac mansion and ace attorney, etc.). an action game is "a video game... that emphasizes physical challenges, including hand–eye coordination and reaction-time." this is less clearly defined because it can include everything from fighting games to shooters and platformers (action platformers like mega man and contra, for example).

none of what you're describing really fits either category. they are open-world, sandbox-y games that implement a few scattered elements of the action/adventure toolkit, so to speak, but are not really action/adventure games at bottom. obviously these genres overlap--a game like the wonderful 101, for example, is a real-time strategy game + an action/adventure game (more the latter than the former really). gunstar heroes and contra 3 are action platformers. bayonetta 1/2 and dmc are pure action games. so i feel as tho we're not really talking about the same thing here. open-world games on the wii u will eventually include (in some way) the next zelda and xenoblade chronicles x, and monster hunter 3 has some elements of that, as do the dragon quest rpgs that haven't yet been localized (and probably never will). lego city undercover is the closest to gta gameplay there is on wii u, and i guess there's also watch dogs (which happens to suck). you're right that there aren't many games of that sort on nintendo platforms, and part of it is surely due to technical limitations. that's not being disputed i don't think. what you're describing just aren't action/adventure games (uncharted, tomb raider etc. are).

mii-gamer said:
Sony easily. If Sony goes down, Microsoft has enough money to monopolize the home console market and that's not a situation i want Nintendo facing

Pretty much this.

If we are answering this as Ninty fans, with an agenda of wanting Sony or M$ to leave the console biz, I'd vote for Sony to win.  Nintendo then moves back in to compete for the hardcore market, and since Sony is no longer the dominant monster they were in the 90s, it would be a great matchup this time around.

Around the Network

PS4 by far...

PS4 hands down. Sony have more in-house exclusives, and they are high quality titles.
PS4 also has cheaper online services,the console is more powerful, and it will have more RPG's.

I can go on why I do not want Xbox One to win... but that will likely get me banned so I will stray away from that answer.

I'd probably go with the PS4. While Microsoft has been doing better with their console, I feel that Sony just has more exclusives that I'm looking forward to.

PS4 all the way. Just played the omega quintet demo and wow. Can't wait to get this game next year in English!! If amyotrophic out there has a ps4 and Japanese account, download the demo now. You won't regret it.

And yes it's jrpg and a beautiful one too!

Sony has gotten everything right from the start as far as the masses are concerned, they planned their generation out with gamers in mind, they deserve to win.