By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 were released at Bad times

Mr Puggsly said:

Hey, lets just wait and see how Forza sells. If I'm wrong, I'll get over it. So chill out. Forza does better than average.

You agreed the personality of SO is very different, so there you go. If it was a more serious game like Infamous it could have potentially performed better. Hence, the style of SO is more niche which is why many games like don't exist.

I'll not get over it because i'm not bothered either way lol. 

Please don't mistake my very direct nature for agressiveness or what ever you're feeling right now. It's just how I am. I say it straight and how I feel. No BS. 

I agree that the personality of every game is different as long as they're not in the same series. Doesn't stop it from being very similar to ratchet. Being dark can work against games too. It just coms down to how fun the game is and ow well it's made. A lot of people describing SO as a game that's fun for a week then you move on. No lsting appeal. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Hey, lets just wait and see how Forza sells. If I'm wrong, I'll get over it. So chill out. Forza does better than average.

You agreed the personality of SO is very different, so there you go. If it was a more serious game like Infamous it could have potentially performed better. Hence, the style of SO is more niche which is why many games like don't exist.

Please don't mistake my very direct nature for agressiveness or what ever you're feeling right now. It's just how I am. I say it straight and how I feel. No BS. 

I agree that the personality of every game is different as long as they're not in the same series. Doesn't stop it from being very similar to ratchet. Being dark can work against games too. It just coms down to how fun the game is and ow well it's made. A lot of people describing SO as a game that's fun for a week then you move on. No lsting appeal. 

As an adult with some disposable income, interest in many games, and limited time, that's how I treat almost all games. I play it, I beat it, I move on.

There are some games I'll play a lot, but not many.

Regardless, I don't think many reviewers complained about SO's lack of value. I think you sided with some forum dwellers because that's what you want to hear.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

As an adult with some disposable income, interest in many games, and limited time, that's how I treat almost all games. I play it, I beat it, I move on.

There are some games I'll play a lot, but not many.

Regardless, I don't think many reviewers complained about SO's lack of value. I think you sided with some forum dwellers because that's what you want to hear.

I'm just like you regwrding that first sentance. Plenty of games I've bought that were good for a week or two and then that's it. Good games but no lasting appeal to keep playing. But that is a major factor in a game selling bad. Reviewers review the game in the first week of playing it when it still appeals to them. 

Yes I've read the views of many an owner of SO who got bored very quick but I got bored of it just watching the vids online. Seemed way too slow. Very like the basic gameplay of the first 2 infamous games on ps3 or some of the ratchet games. Good back then but if Second Son was anything like them i'd have hated it. maybe since you haven't played the games that are very similar to SO it felt fresh and knew to you. There's always one odd one out!

Once you beat the game that's it for most people and it ain't selling too hot ever since release. That's not what I want to hear but it's fact. 

They didn't maximize sales of the games by releasing them all within weeks of each-other, but it did give them some bragging rights and good will in the gamer community.

It's going to be a big slump for the following 8 months though...

My 8th gen collection