By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's happening! - FFVII Remake all but confirmed for PSX (rumor)

Guys it will probably be PSone Classics being brought to PSN.

Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid and Suikoden 2 leading the way into a bright, prosperous future.

Around the Network

SE lack enough manpower to work on XV at the moment (the director words). No way they are working on other project of the same scale. If it is true then it will be on PSN.

ktay95 said:
Kowan said:
I want to believe but it's highly unlikely. The FF team is very busy with FFXV and the other team is doing KH3.

Right because those are the size teams they need for a remake -_-

This is why FFVII remake will be a dissapointment to most, they think it needs to be FFXIII pretty when it doesnt

...What? If they're "remaking" it then obviously they would want to excel with the visuals. Square-enix has plenty of teams but they have specific teams for specific projects. All Final Fantasy development teams are busy with their projects already. If they were to remake a game, it won't be just some remaster where they just Update the textures and clean up models here and there. They're basically making a game from scratch while using reference materials from FF7. What's the use of releasing a "remake" if they're just gonna port stuff?

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Watch it be for mobile

Watch the streets be painted with blood

it's not going to happen, guys.. Just get over it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I don't think its true, I don't want it true (I would rather have and play FF16 in the next few years)... but I'd love a megaton like that to be dropped.

Kowan said:

...What? If they're "remaking" it then obviously they would want to excel with the visuals. Square-enix has plenty of teams but they have specific teams for specific projects. All Final Fantasy development teams are busy with their projects already. If they were to remake a game, it won't be just some remaster where they just Update the textures and clean up models here and there. They're basically making a game from scratch while using reference materials from FF7. What's the use of releasing a "remake" if they're just gonna port stuff?

Has SQEX ever remade a game to look as good as their current best looking game?? And they aint starting now.

Look at the remakes they have done and you can see more of what you should be expecting and not some pipe dream you seem to have.

Seems unlikely.

Would destroy hype for Type-0 HD and XV for a start

Gilgamesh said:

Is Final Fantasy VII accessible to the PS4 through the PSN? If not maybe there just making the original available for PS4 download.

Oh.... :/

I hope this is true, but I have to see it to believe it. Too many times we've heard this rumour and been burned by it.