By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So is Nintendo not even trying to get sales now?

End result?

Doomed 48 16.90%

Doomed 1 0.35%

Doomed 10 3.52%

Doomed 5 1.76%

Doomed 8 2.82%

Doomed 14 4.93%

Doomed 16 5.63%

Doomed 10 3.52%

Doomed 18 6.34%

Polls are pointless. 154 54.23%

Total:284
bunchanumbers said:
Nintendo shouldn't even bother trying to sell games there. If it isn't Soccer or Battlefield they are not interested.

This is sad, but it is true :/

Around the Network

It's a perfect symbiosis. Nintendo pretends that UK doesn't exist while UK pretends that Nintendo doesn't exist.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

bunchanumbers said:
Nintendo shouldn't even bother trying to sell games there. If it isn't Soccer or Battlefield they are not interested.

That's a silly thing to say. The UK is the third largest gaming market in the world. Nintendo needs to try harder there. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ok, Nintendo might not have a strong market in the UK, but saying the whole region is against them is ridiculous. There are several big Nintendo fans there as well.

the poll is fucking hilarious. And yeah it appears that Nintendo has given up on substantially increasing the userbase. Imo this is a double edge sword; they will get back to being profitable, but risk losing more mind-share to Xbone/ps4 in the home console space.

Perhaps, this is a short term strategy. I feel Nintendo should be looking to gain momentum into their next endeavor and not poddling like a ghost waiting for someone to happen. The next few months we will see what they plan for the medium term.

Around the Network

In Belgium, the basic Wii U + 2 games dropped 100€ to 199€ for the holidays.

This is the third or fourth thread on this in the past 36 hours.

KylieDog said:
tbone51 said:
Profits > Bigger Installbase

Bigger install base = more software sales = better profits.

Bigger install base = more software sales - loss on hardware = potentially bigger or lesser profits. If a company lowers their console devise by $50-100, but gamers only buy a couple digital games or one big game to go with it, then the company is actually losing money they would have gotten if they sold it at a higher price and not sold the additional game. Going after an install base only mentality doesn't always work.

KylieDog said:
tbone51 said:
Profits > Bigger Installbase

Bigger install base = more software sales = better profits.

Nintendo dropping the price right now would make it less likely for them to post a profit for their fiscal year 2014 report in a few months, which I believe is paramount to them.  And I don't think Ninty is even entertaining the idea of trying to outsell Playstation or Xbox at this point.

I think that an official price reduction will happen once they are back on their feet next spring and can afford to do so without taking losses; hopefully upon the debut of Mario Maker, which I still maintain has the most potential for mass-market appeal in a $249 bundle.  

KLXVER said:
Ok, Nintendo might not have a strong market in the UK, but saying the whole region is against them is ridiculous. There are several big Nintendo fans there as well.

7'13" ones, yah.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3