By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So is Nintendo not even trying to get sales now?

End result?

Doomed 48 16.90%

Doomed 1 0.35%

Doomed 10 3.52%

Doomed 5 1.76%

Doomed 8 2.82%

Doomed 14 4.93%

Doomed 16 5.63%

Doomed 10 3.52%

Doomed 18 6.34%

Polls are pointless. 154 54.23%

Total:284
KylieDog said:
Gnac said:

Stop taking the piss.

Gonna have to explain the logic behind that reply.

Gonna have to explain the logic behind you wanting a Wii U.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Same as any console, it has games I want to play.  Zombie U (since I'm a big survival horror fan), Project Zero 5 should it ever be localised, Mario Kart, Xenoblade, Zelda, I'd jump on a Metroid.

The only Nintendo console I've never owned is GBA, but I played what I wanted from it on DS.

Just because I'm critical of companies doesn't mean I avoid their products. 

Well, perhaps you could make this thread a little more transparent by trashing that poll, by linking the existing deals that you have mentioned for other consoles, and by acknowledging the deals (no matter how disparate) that have so far been discovered. Otherwise, it just looks like an agenda, you know?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

KylieDog said:

The poll is a joke, as are all polls on this site.  The last option makes this clear.

Linking to deals doesn't change the content of the post.  There is nothing dishonest or made up in OP.

Yes it does, it gives people something to compare against the "nothing" that you suggest. Right now, we have zilch vs. bugger-all. You have an opportunity here to slam a point hard into the back of the net by simply posting links to great deals for other consoles, yet you refuse to do this. Why?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

shareholders dont want another year of losses after 3 years in a row.
they dont care if in future nintendo would make profit in software. they want to see blue numbers now, in 2014.

Theres this thing called Amiibos?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Gnac said:

Yes it does, it gives people something to compare against the "nothing" that you suggest. Right now, we have zilch vs. bugger-all. You have an opportunity here to slam a point hard into the back of the net by simply posting links to great deals for other consoles, yet you refuse to do this. Why?

Seriously.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

TheBlackNaruto said:
Giggs_11 said:
KylieDog said:

The UK retail has adopted Black Friday quite heavily this year (Black Friday has never been a thing over here).  Right now can find Xbox One and PS4 bundles for super cheap, like PS4+Driveclub for £280, GTAV and TLOU for £300, Xbone+CoD:AW for £270, Xbone+4 games for £300.  Plus lots more.

Meanwhile Nintendo bundles are sitting at the prices they were 6 months ago, or last year.  Many have no discount at all.  Wii U+SSB+MK+CPP =£300.  Thats right, costs more than the PS4/Xbone bundles.

Why has Nintendo not done deals with retailers for Black Friday deals?  Have they given up?  Do they think they don't have enough games to make back the discount loss in future software 

Well they're only cheaper if you're not getting online for your ps4/x1. And vêem in that case only one which seams good is the x1 with 4 games but you didn't say which games where...

Honestly don't agree with OP, don't see how those ps4/x1 bundles are better than wiiu's.

You REALLY love throwing in that "online" part I see lol. They are cheaper that's the bottom line. The point of the thread is that the PS4/XB1 have some crazy good deals for the holiday and NIN has done basically nothing for the Wii U. Which is crazy because they could definitely use the sales. I just don't understand what they are doing....it is like they just gave up or something.  

I only love "throwing" it as much as people love to forget it.

it's funny how last gen not paying for online was so important and great for lots of users (namely sony users) now, all of a sudden, it holds no value. I find it very odd...

Seriously, the wiiu bundle to me seems great. Ssb + mk8? Thats great. Btw, whats CCP?

tbone51 said:
Profits > Bigger Installbase

Companies have to prepare tomorrow's profits too. Nintendo's is losing clients at astonishing speed, what are today's profits good for if you have no revenues tomorrow? 

Giggs_11 said:
Seriously, the wiiu bundle to me seems great. Ssb + mk8? Thats great. Btw, whats CCP?

CCP = Classic Controller Pro