By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So is Nintendo not even trying to get sales now?

End result?

Doomed 48 16.90%

Doomed 1 0.35%

Doomed 10 3.52%

Doomed 5 1.76%

Doomed 8 2.82%

Doomed 14 4.93%

Doomed 16 5.63%

Doomed 10 3.52%

Doomed 18 6.34%

Polls are pointless. 154 54.23%

Total:284
burninmylight said:
This is the third or fourth thread on this in the past 36 hours.

Half a dozen more and they'd be crazy not to consider doing a SEGA. Or going mobile. Or whatever the fuck the concern is this week. I fear for the imaginations of folk when they can't even connect the dots and make a doom thread which correlates the QoL platform with the future of Wearables, despite knowing fuck-all about any of it. STEP IT UP.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

The UK retail has adopted Black Friday quite heavily this year (Black Friday has never been a thing over here).  Right now can find Xbox One and PS4 bundles for super cheap, like PS4+Driveclub for £280, GTAV and TLOU for £300, Xbone+CoD:AW for £270, Xbone+4 games for £300.  Plus lots more.

Meanwhile Nintendo bundles are sitting at the prices they were 6 months ago, or last year.  Many have no discount at all.  Wii U+SSB+MK+CPP =£300.  Thats right, costs more than the PS4/Xbone bundles.

Why has Nintendo not done deals with retailers for Black Friday deals?  Have they given up?  Do they think they don't have enough games to make back the discount loss in future software sales?

Iwata's radar doesn't work well outside of Japan. XD

More seriously though, I think we have seen a bunch of "Why is Nintendo not cutting pricez" type threads lately, and one has to assume that they thought it would be overall better to keep selling at the current price point and bundle games instead.

That seems fine except MS went price war cray cray, with offers as low or even lower than Wii U, which will take some attention from shoppers looking for the cheaper option.  Nintendo might not have expected that.

My 8th gen collection

KylieDog said:

The UK retail has adopted Black Friday quite heavily this year (Black Friday has never been a thing over here).  Right now can find Xbox One and PS4 bundles for super cheap, like PS4+Driveclub for £280, GTAV and TLOU for £300, Xbone+CoD:AW for £270, Xbone+4 games for £300.  Plus lots more.

Meanwhile Nintendo bundles are sitting at the prices they were 6 months ago, or last year.  Many have no discount at all.  Wii U+SSB+MK+CPP =£300.  Thats right, costs more than the PS4/Xbone bundles.

Why has Nintendo not done deals with retailers for Black Friday deals?  Have they given up?  Do they think they don't have enough games to make back the discount loss in future software 

Well they're only cheaper if you're not getting online for your ps4/x1. And vêem in that case only one which seams good is the x1 with 4 games but you didn't say which games where...

Honestly don't agree with OP, don't see how those ps4/x1 bundles are better than wiiu's.

KylieDog said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The UK population has made it patently clear this generation that they cannot be reasoned with. If such discounts are what they need to make a Nintendo purchase while Apple products and the likes apparently have acceptable price tags, I can honestly say that they don't deserve it.

Because they don't want to buy a console with an unwanted expensive accessory pushing the price up?   XBone had that problem too, MS fixed it and now it is selling.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.   Nintendo is the one who has to change here.

Actually I, as an european, am of the opinion that europeans haver the worst taste in games, specially the uk.

They're just looking at getting the most profit it they can without incurring any losses.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Ninty need to swallow their pride and drop the tablet and release a much cheaper Wii U. If it launched without that and much cheaper it would be doing a little better now over all. It's like the kinect. Just an add on most people don't want, especially not at the extra cost.

They will never do this, but I agree.

Giggs_11 said:
KylieDog said:

Why has Nintendo not done deals with retailers for Black Friday deals?  Have they given up?  Do they think they don't have enough games to make back the discount loss in future software 

Well they're only cheaper if you're not getting online for your ps4/x1. And vêem in that case only one which seams good is the x1 with 4 games but you didn't say which games where...

Honestly don't agree with OP, don't see how those ps4/x1 bundles are better than wiiu's.

You REALLY love throwing in that "online" part I see lol. They are cheaper that's the bottom line. The point of the thread is that the PS4/XB1 have some crazy good deals for the holiday and NIN has done basically nothing for the Wii U. Which is crazy because they could definitely use the sales. I just don't understand what they are doing....it is like they just gave up or something.  

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Giggs_11 said:
KylieDog said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The UK population has made it patently clear this generation that they cannot be reasoned with. If such discounts are what they need to make a Nintendo purchase while Apple products and the likes apparently have acceptable price tags, I can honestly say that they don't deserve it.

Because they don't want to buy a console with an unwanted expensive accessory pushing the price up?   XBone had that problem too, MS fixed it and now it is selling.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.   Nintendo is the one who has to change here.

Actually I, as an european, am of the opinion that europeans haver the worst taste in games, specially the uk.

Riiiight

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

You can buy a Wii U at Toys R Us here for $199

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

KylieDog said:
Gnac said:
burninmylight said:
This is the third or fourth thread on this in the past 36 hours.

Half a dozen more and they'd be crazy not to consider doing a SEGA. Or going mobile. Or whatever the fuck the concern is this week. I fear for the imaginations of folk when they can't even connect the dots and make a doom thread which correlates the QoL platform with the future of Wearables, despite knowing fuck-all about any of it. STEP IT UP.

This thread is not about dropping price in general, it is about Black Friday deals which pretty much everyone is getting in on, not just gaming related but phones, TVs, tablets, everything.

Except Nintendo who seem to be doing...nothing.

Is certainly not about concern either, I only noticed no Wii U deals because I was actually looking for one to buy. 

Stop taking the piss.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3