By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

Ninsect said:
burning_phoneix said:
Ninsect said:

-From another thread. Never doubt GTA again, people.

Smash sold over 500k if you count digital.

---

I really think that those PS4 numbers are overtracked. 700k+ on the week BEFORE BF? This is the greatest case of premature ejucaulation I've ever seen in my life.

Quote Tree Shortened and User Moderated - Conegamer

Eh? Smash sold 490k in the first THREE days INCLUDING digital (straight from Nintendo). First week is only two days so that doesn't make much sense.

Also, did GTAV conveniently not get a digital release lol?

As for the second part, I repeat: Have you ever heard of GTA?

Sorry bout the error.

But it still stands. I was quoting the quote before the quote tree was shortened by the mods, that Xbone GTA outsold Smash on launch. Considering Smash was released on the 21st only in the US and GTA on the 18th Worldwide, I would think that Smash did quite impressive numbers.

As for the second part: GTAV is a remaster, not a new GTA title and it sold accordingly quite well but of course not as good as GTAV on launch. It cannot account for a 700k+ week.

Around the Network

Wow, PS4 has a HUGE lead this week.

burning_phoneix said:
Ninsect said:

Eh? Smash sold 490k in the first THREE days INCLUDING digital (straight from Nintendo). First week is only two days so that doesn't make much sense.

Sorry bout the error.

But it still stands. I was quoting the quote before the quote tree was shortened by the mods, that Xbone GTA outsold Smash on launch. Considering Smash was released on the 21st only in the US and GTA on the 18th Worldwide, I would think that Smash did quite impressive numbers.

As for the second part: GTAV is a remaster, not a new GTA title and it sold accordingly quite well but of course not as good as GTAV on launch. It cannot account for a 700k+ week.

GTA XB1>Smash still. XB1 also has a digital store you know.

Secondly: What about LBP3+Far Cry 4+Dragon Age+GTAV+holidays?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Oh I didn't notice LBP3 sales :(

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Platform
65,877 65,877 1

Got lost among lots of AAA games releasing but thankfully it'll have a bundle that'll push it this holiday and also LBP sells mostly on legs anyway.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
burning_phoneix said:
Ninsect said:

Sorry bout the error.

GTA XB1>Smash still. XB1 also has a digital store you know.

Secondly: What about LBP3+Far Cry 4+Dragon Age+GTAV+holidays?

If I recall correctly, Vgchartz does not track digital sales.

LBP3 did not have an impressive launch. I would not count it as a system seller.

I also thought that FC4+Dragon Age+GTAV+Holidays was the answer but I come to the same question...

Why didn't Call of Duty+HaloMCC+Far Cry+Dragon Age+GTAV+Holidays not boost the Xbone by the same amount?

Xbox versions of multiplats do quite well compared to Sony's so why not that plus Halo+Call of Duty (Which historically was much stronger on MS platforms?)

Not to mention that MS was throwing bundles and discounts out like candy.

Something doesn't add up. If this was black friday, I would have believed it but the week right BEFORE?

Around the Network

Can someone please explain the high increases for most systems, I know they got some releases, but wouldn't most people wait for black Friday deals? Or were there deals that I wasn't aware of?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

kinisking said:
OttoniBastos said:
That PS4 domination...too much for that "comeback".

Yes because vg chartz is 100 percent correct all the time. Xbox One is Unsertracked by like 100k. I still think os4 won though 

PS4 is undertracked by more than that WW.

OttoniBastos said:
kinisking said:
OttoniBastos said:
That PS4 domination...too much for that "comeback".

Yes because vg chartz is 100 percent correct all the time. Xbox One is Unsertracked by like 100k. I still think os4 won though 

PS4 is undertracked by more than that WW.

And The Xone is probably overtracked by 200k already...in the Us only...for november. Npd numbers will be fun to see, the gap with vgchartz numbers will probably be HUGE.

I think a lot of people aren't taking into account the fact that black friday is a largely US thing, thus the large EU and ROW sales aren't going to take much impact from the hold over.

brute said:
Can someone please explain the high increases for most systems, I know they got some releases, but wouldn't most people wait for black Friday deals? Or were there deals that I wasn't aware of?

What neodegenerate said above. A lot of the PS4's gains came in Europe which doesn't have any Black Friday event.