By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

Those PS4 NUMBERS!... i cant wait to see what Black Friday is gonna be like.

Around the Network

PS2 ish!

Happy to see these huge numbers. Bone and PS4 neck and neck in the US this week. This build's an even greater anticipation for next weeks out come. who ever takes next week in the US will probably take the rest of the holidays in the US.

Insanely high PS4 numbers (especially Europe...damn!), but Xbox One performing very strong as well. Expect mind boggling weekly figures from here on out.

Happy to see everything going well for Sony, and great to see the healthy response to the XB1 in the US. I'm still curious how things will level out after the holidays are over (for all companies). Nov and December are shaping up to be stellar months for both companies though, so user bases will expand dramatically and I think everyone will be happy.

Around the Network

So that 3DS boost is for NA and Japan considering OR/AS only released there. Meh, it could be better. Don't know why NoE didn't keep up with the other divisions and release it at the same time, but dems da breaks.

PS4 will hit near 1million on Black Friday week thanks to that GTA V bundle.
Not sure if XBO can hit it too. All its big bundles are already out. We'll see how much the $329 price point affects sales.

Wii U is uhh not doing very good. Can it get at least a 1 million worldwide week this year? Maybe around Xmas?

Crazy high PS4 numbers, BF could very well provide one million at this rate if Europe remains high, Japanese numbers looking increasingly ridiculous in comparison.
One doing a great job, should have a really good BF and December as well.
Even Wii U got a nice lift here, Smash doing its job as ordered.

Ka-pi96 said:
Shod said:
Damn I think its not too far fetched to say the PS4 might reach 1 million sales on next week's sales, at least 850k~900k. And from there, only 4 millions to go to reach that sweet 20 million mark!

Next week is black friday right? Based on what it got this week it should easily get 1 million for black friday week.

It can easily bridge the gap with the boost it should get in the USA. But the question is whether and how much it will drop given the undoubted boost that GTA, Far Cry and even Dragon Age gave it last week. I think for EU and RoW the number will fall back a bit and so 1 million might be missed by ~100k.

I wasn't expecting a further hardware lift for Xb one but on reflection 2 new releases plus GTA remaster probably is >MCC, and MCC had a solid second week.

And we SSB launch pretty well confirms Wii U's dire state. The only reason people think 149K is good is because it is far higher than the usual dismal numbers for Wii U. I wonder if the magical thinking that went on over the last month or so, that this would be Nintendo's holiday, has finally come to an end. I guess we may have to get through the holidays completely before some people will be able to see that Wii U is just not a competitor this generation.

Not sure whether to be happy or ambivalent about Dragon Age numbers. Across all platforms it's made a decent start I guess. But no sku over 200k in USA is a bit disappointing.  Hopefully we have a decent number of digital sales, which will never get reported of course.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Aura7541 said:
Nate4Drake said:
Many just talk about NA like it was the only thing which really matters...
look at the insane figures for PS4 in Europe alone! OMG !!! roughly 350k !

Not only that, it outsold the X1 in Europe by nearly 3 to 1 which is insane.

Europe is a huge and very important Market, can't believe MS are happy to compete only in NA...

By the way, I'm expecting 900k/1M PS4 sold by the week ending Nov 29th, the BF week.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.