By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

PS4 is going to dominate. It's almost impossible for Xbone to catch up now.

nice

Around the Network
colafitte said:
NewGuy said:
colafitte said:
NewGuy said:
colafitte said:
Aerys said:
Ok now, 20,2M at the end of year ils confirmed

I'm starting to think that even 20m will be below real sales in the end....

Sony expects to ship 9.4 million PS3s + PS4s from Oct 1st 2014 until Mar 31st 2015. I think they will either sabotage themselves (hold shipments for next FY, as they've done in the past) or go over their FY forecast by 1-2+ million. 

One advice: DON'T TRUST SONY SHIPMENTS PROJECTIONS EVER. They're awful, not only with PS4.

Can't remember a time when sony shipped over their projections though. Even one time when they clearly were going to, but held back shipments for the next FY.

Lol, you can't'???. You have to revisit every Sony forecast from last year. They always screw badly their projections over or under the final number with every product. One example...., they said a year ago, just when PS4 launched that they expected 5m SHIPPED for March 2014, and they ended SELLING more than 7m.

Good one, I forgot about this. For FY 11, 12, 13 shipped more home consoles in Q3 than in Q1+Q2. It's likely that Q3 PS3+PS4 shipments will be more than 7.6M. I'm gonna guess 8.5-9M (6.5-7M PS4 + 1.5-2M PS3) for Q3. Wouldn't be surprised if they shipped more though.

Those PS4 numbers are quite crazy. Healthy sales for home consoles in general bar the Wii U though at least it isn't doing "abysmally". Hopefully it can have a decent BF.

I know Xbone numbers are overtracked last weeks in US.

Now I believe PS4 numbers are overtracked too.

Said that the PS4 + GTAV + TLOUR bundle is to dominated the Black Friday like no other bundle.

biglittlesps said:
celador said:
I'm skeptical about PS4 numbers, seem too high despite GTAV and Far Cry bundles and ads.

What about LBP3 and Dragon Age? 4 games released in the last week along with bundles.

LBP3 only released in the US, and is already out of the top 100 hourly bestsellers on Amazon. Maybe it will sell a fair amount of systems Black Friday week when it is inlcuded in the family pack with Lego Batman 3, but it's impact this week would be absolutely minimal.  Dragon Age may have given a small boost as well, but over 700k still seems a stretch to me.

Around the Network

WOW PS4
God Damn Xbox One

Everything else is ok, Vita's dead... If Wii U's next week numbers are similarly tame then we can be pretty much certain the system isn't touching 20m LT.

teigaga said:
WOW PS4
God Damn Xbox One

Everything else is ok, Vita's dead... If Wii U's next week numbers are similarly tame then we can be pretty much certain the system isn't touching 20m LT.

We're already certain about that.

Very pleased by the US numbers given so far. The X1 barely sold more than the PS4. If the price cut does not stick after the holidays I am pretty sure the PS4 will jump back to the US sales lead.

KyleeStrutt said:
teigaga said:
WOW PS4
God Damn Xbox One

We're already certain about that.

When was Smash released? Well people are still waiting to see the full effect of Smash Bros, I know its not gonna do miracles but people think it will.

ethomaz said:

I know Xbone numbers are overtracked last weeks in US.

Now I believe PS4 numbers are overtracked too.

Said that the PS4 + GTAV + TLOUR bundle is to dominated the Black Friday like no other bundle.

yeah, i sense some significant overcompenstation in these numbers.  wii did 673k on black friday in the equivalent holiday and vgcz expects me to believe ps4 did 734k the week before black friday.  GTA is big but not that big.  i think we're over by 100k+ this week.  i could believe ~500k but not 734k.