By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

Holy crap if those ps4 sales are real. Imagine what a slim 299 ps4 will do :O

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Nate4Drake said:
Samus Aran said:

I really can't understand the hype and sales for PS4. It's like gamers don't actually care about the most important thing... Games.

Now don't get me wrong, PS4 will end up with many great games during its lifetime (a lot of them will even be exclusive), but that isn't the case right now. Most games available now are also on the PS3. I guess that disproves the myth that graphics don't matter. Obviously they're super important for the majority of the gamers.

Yes, gemers don't care about the best version of GTAV, the best version of Dragon Age, Far Cry4, COD: AW, Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within, Destiny, NBA 2K 15, Fifa 15,  etc etc.

You are right, these are not games. Only Mario kart is a game...

Don't know if I should laugh or cry...

Aren't most of those games better on PC? Serious question as I don't buy many games on my PC.

better but not affordable and there is no retail chain like Consoles to buy and sell games in every country. Also most people dont like to mess with new drivers, settings etc., and they just want Plug n Play of couch gaming because of their busy life.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

And that's why you should never, never, NEVER doubt GTA.

Black Friday will be monstrous.

I'm skeptical about PS4 numbers, seem too high despite GTAV and Far Cry bundles and ads.

Angelv577 said:
there were some kind of adjustments for Nov. 15? I would have sworn seeing ps4 over 500k

Yup, looks like it was adjusted down

Around the Network
NewGuy said:
colafitte said:
Aerys said:
Ok now, 20,2M at the end of year ils confirmed

I'm starting to think that even 20m will be below real sales in the end....

Sony expects to ship 9.4 million PS3s + PS4s from Oct 1st 2014 until Mar 31st 2015. I think they will either sabotage themselves (hold shipments for next FY, as they've done in the past) or go over their FY forecast by 1-2+ million. 

They exepcted to sell 5 million consoles at end of march 2014,they sold ~7.

The true is they are just being conservative.They don't want people to think that Ps4 is underperforming.

kowenicki said:
Nate4Drake said:
Blarg said:
fireburn95 said:
So $50 cheaper and only sold 20k more units than PS4

#XboxComeBack

It's selling brilliantly, so yes it has made a comeback. 

A 'fire sales' come back only in NA. In the Global PS4 is crushing XOne.

Less than 1.5:1 is crushing?

I remember a time when 2:1 was the minimum expectation in the US and between 5:1 and 8:1 was the expectation in Europe....

PS4 selling better than Xbox in November is still insane. 

Happy the WiiU getting a nice boost, I wish Nintendo would lower the price to 250 with some BF deals at 199 for there premium console that would bring some much better numbers in my opinion.

celador said:
I'm skeptical about PS4 numbers, seem too high despite GTAV and Far Cry bundles and ads.

What about LBP3 and Dragon Age? 4 games released in the last week along with bundles.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

poklane said:
The PS4 GTA V + TLoU will sell scary good. I can see stock shortages happening around Black Friday.

And people still question why there wont be TLoU 2.