By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

Burek said:
vivster said:
Burek said:
Only 20K behind in the US, but I suspect the effects of XOne October overtracking are still in effect. Even if correct, PS4 pulling great numbers without any deals.
Still very possible to take November NPD once the BF bundle deals kick in.

I'm skeptical.
PS4 would need at least 200k lead on BF. Possible though.

Of course, it is a steep hill to climb. But also impressive that the possibility still exists after XOne's "all-in" strategy.

I do believe, with no proof other than October's XOne overtrack of 20%, that the overtrack carried over to November, and that the difference is much less than VGC's 185K. Even if the overtrack is only 10%, it is still almost 70K. And 100-120K is doable, if we consider many holding off from buying PS4+GTA this week in anticipation of the bundle. 

I just hope it happens because that would be the greatest VGC day of the year. It will be like "Germany winning the world cup, people dancing on the streets" big^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Those PS4 numbers, without promotions huge promotions like the XB1 and without huge AAA exclusives, damnnnnn!

bananaking21 said:

I just dont see it. Not even the wii posted numbers this massive. A 750k~ week would be considered good for a bf week, now ps4 is doing it in nov on a none bf week

With the GTA V and FC4 bundles, the numbers are not out of the realm of possibility. Those are huge games bundled with HW.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Might want to do some slight editing for the OP.

PS4 = 734,388k

734,388k = 734 million O_0

The PS4 GTA V + TLoU will sell scary good. I can see stock shortages happening around Black Friday.

Around the Network
poklane said:
Those PS4 numbers, without promotions and without huge AAA exclusives, damnnnnn!

these numbers are with promotions, no?

far cry, gta, and lbp 3 bundles and ps4 exclusive marketing deals for all.

roborad said:
poklane said:
Those PS4 numbers, without promotions and without huge AAA exclusives, damnnnnn!

these numbers are with promotioms, no?

far cry, gta, and lbp 3 bundles and ps4 exclusive marketing deals for all.

Yeah, you could see those as promotions. Also, I'm not sure if those bundles are in the US (I can't find them on Amazon). But now imagine the PS4 + GTA V + TloU for $400. It will be insane.

Blarg said:
biglittlesps said:
Blarg said:
Nate4Drake said:
Blarg said:
fireburn95 said:
So $50 cheaper and only sold 20k more units than PS4

#XboxComeBack

It's selling brilliantly, so yes it has made a comeback. 

A 'fire sales' come back only in NA. In the Global PS4 is crushing XOne.

Doesn't matter. X1 should finish a comfortable second in US, UK (maybe first in these two!) and Europe.  It can still be a success, people get that in their thick heads. 

It cannot be success considering their investments in this and on long term. They may able to break in now with sales but in futue there is a problem. PS4 foundation is getting strong and with PS experience and next year half where XB1 has nothing to counter.

Millions were invested in the 360 and PS3, but they got easily beaten by the Wii. Does that make them a failure? Was the PSP a failure just because it was crushed by the DS?

Wii and PSP numbers and software sales are not nowhere near XB1 going to do this time. XB1 is having hard time selling hardware and giving away software too much. Also 3rd party games are not selling that much compared to PS4 in many titles which is going to be even bigger in future.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

KyleeStrutt said:
Might want to do some slight editing for the OP.

PS4 = 734,388k

734,388k = 734 million O_0

? The number's fine.

734 million would be 734.388.000

Edit: Oh nvm I missed the "k" XD

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

there were some kind of adjustments for Nov. 15? I would have sworn seeing ps4 over 500k