By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is 2014 really that bad gaming-wise? (HIGHLY subjective content insde)

KingdomHeartsFan said:

You can add Driveclub and MCC to that list.

Can't speak for MCC, but Driveclub isn't broken. I finished the game this week and was playing online matches 2 days ago. I've played online matches close to launch. The only issue I had with the game was that the online challenges during single player races weren't always available, but that stopped with the last patch. It's good to say that even that wouldn't impact significantly the gameplay.

People like to complain. The game had online issues? Yes, but not always. The game was broken? Nowhere close to that. Come on, Skyrim was launched way more broken on PC and nobody complained.

Around the Network
Erwin-VGC said:
Yes, Destiny is the most boring and frustrating FPS game I have ever played.

Try Rambo The Videogame :P

You will be surprised.

Ka-pi96 said:
the_dengle said:
People forgot 2012 already.

Wut?

I just googled it to check if it was really that bad...

Final Fantasy XIII-2, Resident Evil Revelations, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Pokepark 2, Mass Effect 3, Total War: Shogun 2, Warriors Orochi 3, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Witcher 2 (X360), The Walking Dead, Diablo III, Max Payne 3, Dragon's Dogma, Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, Spec Ops: The Line, The Last Story, Sleeping Dogs, Borderlands 2, FIFA 13, Resident Evil 6, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Forza Horizon, Assassin's Creed 3, ZOE HD Collection, Halo 4, Lego LOTR, ZombiU, Persona 4 Golden, Far Cry 3 + others

Looks like one of the best years EVER to me...

You included some of the bolded means someone could include DriveClub, Wolfenstein, Thief, Demon Gaze (or really any of the dozen or so Vita JRPGs), etc for this year.

Also, remember that Diablo 3 had just as big or bigger fallout at its launch. It was pretty universally hated until Reaper of Souls pre-patch/console versions came out.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ka-pi96 said:
outlawauron said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Wut?

I just googled it to check if it was really that bad...

Final Fantasy XIII-2, Resident Evil Revelations, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Pokepark 2, Mass Effect 3, Total War: Shogun 2, Warriors Orochi 3, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Witcher 2 (X360), The Walking Dead, Diablo III, Max Payne 3, Dragon's Dogma, Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, Spec Ops: The Line, The Last Story, Sleeping Dogs, Borderlands 2, FIFA 13, Resident Evil 6, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Forza Horizon, Assassin's Creed 3, ZOE HD Collection, Halo 4, Lego LOTR, ZombiU, Persona 4 Golden, Far Cry 3 + others

Looks like one of the best years EVER to me...

You included some of the bolded means someone could include DriveClub, Wolfenstein, Thief, Demon Gaze (or really any of the dozen or so Vita JRPGs), etc for this year.

Also, remember that Diablo 3 had just as big or bigger fallout at its launch. It was pretty universally hated until Reaper of Souls pre-patch/console versions came out.

Why shouldn't they be included? I just put in all the games I liked, or I heard other people really liked (ie. the ones that make a year good for gaming).

As for Diablo 3, never knew it had a bad launch. Oh well, it's good now

You'll be able to say the same for every disappointment we've had this year too. :-/

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sign me up for the 2012 hate bandwagon. Worst year for video games in recent memory.

2014 has been pretty good. No mind-blowing games but a whole bunch of good ones.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

It was a pretty average year overall. The first half of the year was really slow but the second half of the year has been looking up, minus the online issues. So far Shadow of Mordor and Smash have been my highlights for the year but I still need to play inFamous, Kirby, LBP 3, FarCry 4, Sunset Overdrive and Bayonetta 2.

- Bayonetta 2
- Freedom Wars
- Naruto Shippuuden UNSR
- FFX/X-2
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5

......small but still a great year for gaming for me.

Do people remember 2007? Even 08 was a clusterfuck.

2014 was a decent year if you care about Nintendo games! If not, then it was kinda meh..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

2014 was a good year over all for everyone on consoles. Not the best ever but a very god year. Wii U goot some top class exclusives and X1 PS4 got a lot of decent/good/great games.

I'm on the PS4 and PS3 so can only speak on there behalf personally.

On PS3 got a few games like The walking dead season 1&2 plus the wolf among us.

On PS4 I got a shit load of good games. Infamous second son, the last of us remastered, wofenstein, GTA 5, Far Cry 4, fifa 15, driveclub (online still broken but it's a very good offline game), watchdogs, infamous first light, metro redux, ground zeroes.

Plenty of other top games like dragon age came out that i won't be getting. Bottom line a solid first year for playstation and roll on next year. much better stat than ps3 anyway and we all seen how well that went.