By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is 2014 really that bad gaming-wise? (HIGHLY subjective content insde)

It depends if you only have a PS4 yeah its a disappointing year for first party. Myself I really enjoyed this year with Mariokart 8 which is amazing and I still play it almost every day, Super Smash Brother as well as Bayo2 are both amazing as well.
So if you own a WiiU its been an excellent year, PS4 not so much. Next year is looking to be pretty good for the WiiU as well. Myself I think this is actually one of the better years in a while for gaming, many quality games out there for the WiiU.
Actually I'm waiting on my Diablo 3 copy so that might make me start using my PS4.

Around the Network

In this bad year I've already build up a back log of 8 games on ps4 alone, and the year isn't over yet.
Plus I just played Never Alone, another amazing indie title, great experience.

Highlights were Transistor, Infamous SS, Fract OSC, Dark souls 2 and Drive club. Yes drive club, highly addictive, perfectly polished track racer. You can focus on online all you want, yet the offline is near flawless. Over 80 hours of high speed racing so far, climbing the leader boards. Plus 2 new free campaigns and new cars coming tomorrow, with 3 new tracks already added.

I'm in the middle of Alien Isolation, great suspense and survival game play, Outlast was very good too. And I just started Far Cry 4, which looks amazing. Very clean native 1080p, very smooth in motion, great to be back.

Of course this year had some extras for me as I figured Tombraider and GTA5 would be coming to this gen. In video games improved things come to those who wait.

I think it has been a pretty good year. Not alot of games, but there has been some high quality ones.

No complaints from me, though it was pretty dry during the first few months (and now it's too busy). PS+ got me playing a ton of surprisingly fun indies I otherwise woukdn't have looked twice at. Besides all that and the other digital titles I picked up, I got a new retail game each month, most of which have been great. The worst of the bunch was Watch_Dogs, but even that was a decently fun game, if highly forgettable.

The first few years of last gen seemed far more dire to me than this. Delays, online not working, buggy releases, the whole politics in gaming thing, and UbiSoft turning into the new EA put a damper on things, but I think the good far outweighed the bad.

Any year with both Mario Kart and Super Smash at the same time is an excellent year. :)

Around the Network

One of the best years and maybe even the best launch year we ever had.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't know about Destiny since I skipped it. But Watch Dogs is far from being a fiasco.

Excellent game IMO.

Its been a good year, at least for me.Games I've loved this year; South Park, Wolfenstein, inFamous, Steamworld Dig, Dust An Elysain Tail, Defense Grid 2, Peggle 2, Towerfall, The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead Season 2, Freedom Wars, Far Cry 4, The Last of Us Remastered and Final Fantasy X HD. Games from this year that I haven't played or bought yet but look amazing and plan to play; Transistor, Disgaea 4, Tales of Xillia 2, Grand Theft Auto V, The Evil Within, Shadows of Mordor, The Crew and Danganronpa 2. So for me personally Its been very good, but not the best.

Yes, Destiny is the most boring and frustrating FPS game I have ever played.

Good year to me, once again more games than I can keep up with in terms of time and/or money.

2015 looks great too, so I am a happy gamer.