By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs shifts almost no copies on its Wii U launch in UK

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

Mediocre game released 6 months late, after the hype train had been decommissioned and sold as scrap. And right before Smash.
There was no way this was ever going to sell well.

Spare me. I played it. Its fare from mediocre. Nintendo consumerist habits have been trained not to buy shit third party from Nintendo or buy it elsewhere. Its not a logical pool for anyone who is a fan of third party. Ubisoft should cut the chord.

Wii U version = 60$

Ps4 version on black friday = 19$

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Welp, it really isn't that surprising at all... Why would anyone buy essentially the "slightly better version of the last gen game" 6 months later when a) There are next gen versions available b) Anyone that wanted to get it would have gotten it already! Sure, there are some here and there but overall, it was truely doomed to fail but of course Ubisoft will not blame it on the late release, instead, they will blame it on other nonsense.

At least on the bright side, the wiiU will have one less whiner

There is no next gen version of the game. Its a cross platform title. Its not pushing anything but last gen platforms.

Umm... I am pretty sure Watch_Dogs on the ps4 looks better than Watch_Dogs on the ps3/360 with things like Higher Textures, Better Lighting, More AA and etc

And my point was that, I doubt anyone is going to buy the wiiU version cause it looks a lot closer to the ps3/360 version when the ps4/x1 versions look so much better, specially 6 months after the release

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yup this was expected especially in the UK where the Wii U is so unpopular.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

phaedruss said:
There were some on here expecting a million lifetime or some ridiculous crap LOLOLOL

When the game still wasn't delayed.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
phaedruss said:
There were some on here expecting a million lifetime or some ridiculous crap LOLOLOL

No this was after.

Around the Network

Wow ubisoft is stopping AC and other releases on wii

mM
phaedruss said:

Who the helll said tht? I dont even think the craziest person would say that^

TBH i cant thinkof a person who thought it be close to 200k :-/

phaedruss said

No this was after.

Source? I'm genuinely curious who in the world thought that.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

Mediocre game released 6 months late, after the hype train had been decommissioned and sold as scrap. And right before Smash.
There was no way this was ever going to sell well.

Spare me. I played it. Its fare from mediocre. Nintendo consumerist habits have been trained not to buy shit third party from Nintendo or buy it elsewhere. Its not a logical pool for anyone who is a fan of third party. Ubisoft should cut the chord.

Why cut the cord off of one of their biggest $$$ makers??? :P

phaedruss said:
Metallox said:
phaedruss said:

No this was after.

They were making fun of the game's immenent flop.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.