By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs shifts almost no copies on its Wii U launch in UK

iTechHeads said:
Bayonetta 2 didn't sell very well for a Nintendo published IP. It won't have Mario Kart legs either.
3rd Party Rated-M games really don't have a market on the Wii U.

I blame Nintendo executives who publicly call PS4/XB1 BORING. It looks like BORING sells so maybe people like BORING games?

Bayo 2 sold around 320k digital copies and an unknown amount of digital copies and this game is rated 17+. It cannot get the legs over a game rated for Everyone but so far I'm not ready to say the game is a failure until we have the full numbers.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

Mediocre game released 6 months late, after the hype train had been decommissioned and sold as scrap. And right before Smash.
There was no way this was ever going to sell well.

Spare me. I played it. Its fare from mediocre.

I've played it too, it's shallow, uninspired, and forcefeeds the player missions that are either tedious, frustrating, or both.

Quite shocking if you ask me

Expected. And after Bayo 2 fiasco we should only wait for Devil's Third to really conclude that there isn't a market for mature games on Nintendo consoles.

KylieDog said:
Could you find a more biased source please?

Unfortunately I have only the numbers from Vgchart that is at 320k so far and that doesn't include the digital sales numbers.

Around the Network
torok said:
Expected. And after Bayo 2 fiasco we should only wait for Devil's Third to really conclude that there isn't a market for mature games on Nintendo consoles.

just like Microsoft did with original Xbox... oh wait

Click HERE and be happy 

Mr Khan said:
Angelv577 said:
well there it goes the last chance for more third parties games.

An unwinnable test, of course. Why buy late, full-price games that give you nothing extra to sweeten the pot? Doing so would only convince third parties that it's okay to keep treating Nintendo consumers like something they just scraped off of their shoe.

I know, I have heard that reason before, just saying the results because of it

They deserve those sales. Ubisoft has been having poor consumer ommunications as of late so this comes as no surprise. Say what you will about the Wii U fanbase but we arent throwing our money away on a more expensive inferior version.

Wii U not saved...

Evergreen lol