By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs shifts almost no copies on its Wii U launch in UK

Bayonetta 2 didn't sell very well for a Nintendo published IP. It won't have Mario Kart legs either.
3rd Party Rated-M games really don't have a market on the Wii U.

I blame Nintendo executives who publicly call PS4/XB1 BORING. It looks like BORING sells so maybe people like BORING games?

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Angelv577 said:
well there it goes the last chance for more third parties games.

An unwinnable test, of course. Why buy late, full-price games that give you nothing extra to sweeten the pot? Doing so would only convince third parties that it's okay to keep treating Nintendo consumers like something they just scraped off of their shoe.

don't forget to add: no suppport,  only release "Day 01 dlc" and nothing more

Click HERE and be happy 

phaedruss said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Welp, it really isn't that surprising at all... Why would anyone buy essentially the "slightly better version of the last gen game" 6 months later when a) There are next gen versions available b) Anyone that wanted to get it would have gotten it already! Sure, there are some here and there but overall, it was truely doomed to fail but of course Ubisoft will not blame it on the late release, instead, they will blame it on other nonsense.

At least on the bright side, the wiiU will have one less whiner

There is no next gen version of the game. Its a cross platform title. Its not pushing anything but last gen platforms.

Uhh that is most certainly NOT true. It's definitely pushing the wii u and pushed the ps4 as well.

The game was brought down heavily from expected use. If it worked well enough on last gen consoles, sorry, it was gimped.

Slade6alpha said:
Just proves that Nintendo fans do not buy Mature games. Ubisoft was right

Sure half badly ported Mature games. 

When I see AC: Unity sales I understand Ubi dropping Nintendo customers. They have all this amount of little sheeps that will buy the game whatever the quality of the game is.

I used to be like the majority until the fiasco of Bf4, but now I'm more like the Nintendo fans. 

The game is badly made, port or broken I don't buy it.

phaedruss said:
Metallox said:
phaedruss said:
There were some on here expecting a million lifetime or some ridiculous crap LOLOLOL

When the game still wasn't delayed.

No this was after.

That was before Ubisoft went back on their plans to make the Wii U version unique with lots of gamepad functionality (in a game about hacking, you'd think a touchscreen controller would have a plethora of uses, not just off-TV play and a minimap), and before they announced that they wouldn't support the game with post-release DLC (as in, DLC that came after release of the other versions). Also before they released it at full price against all the other versions being far cheaper, with none of the launch-day DLC included in the game directly (which would have been an obvious way to sweeten the deal a little), and before they released the game with zero PR (no advertising, no press release, no trailer, no screenshots, no review copies... not even an announcement on their Watch Dogs forums), but people had already realised what Ubisoft were doing before those two points happened.

Around the Network

There were a couple factors at play for WD WiiU, and Ubi triggered one that backfired. So the sales shouldn't surprise them.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Ubisoft kind of got what they deserved in sales at the end of the day...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Didn't help most shipments were delayed as well.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Damn, i t was worst than Bayo2 4th week?

Ubisoft deserve this, hope they wasted some money because of this. Taking out Child of light, this was a terrible year for Ubisoft, quality wise.

iTechHeads said:
Bayonetta 2 didn't sell very well for a Nintendo published IP. It won't have Mario Kart legs either.
3rd Party Rated-M games really don't have a market on the Wii U.

I blame Nintendo executives who publicly call PS4/XB1 BORING. It looks like BORING sells so maybe people like BORING games?

Maybe people forgot that Nintendo exists, and I'm being serious. There are also many prejudices against Nintendo, like they only make Zelda, Mario and Pokémon games, but actually they have a good bunch of IPs but they pass unnoticed because they don't catch too much attention.

And we still don't have confirmed numbers for Bayonetta 2 in the United States. Even if it has already vanished from British and Japanese charts, I hold my breath

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.