By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs shifts almost no copies on its Wii U launch in UK

Well, Ubisoft should have never tried. I bet the developers felt like their effort was a waste of time the entire time they made the game.

Looking at the Wii U sales for all games just now it really looks like Nintendo is getting the third party they deserve which is basically nothing. Ubisoft can now focus on the companies that support them. Good.

Around the Network

Should never have been released

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

KLAMarine said:
curl-6 said:
KLAMarine said:

Was it really that underwhelming?

The hacking pretty much boils down to "press Y to do whatever", and while the shooting and driving is competent enough, escaping/evading the cops is incredibly annoying, and you can only avoid the less enjoyable mission types for so long, as eventually the game forces you to do them to progress the story. By the time I got to part where I had to slowly sneak a car for blocks while turning it off and praying every time a cop came close, I decided the tedioum wasn't worth it.

Not even a hacking minigame? Pshht!

There are hacking minigames at select points to hack data hubs, but they are both shallow and rare.

All in all, it's a pretty unimpressive game.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Spare me. I played it. Its fare from mediocre.

I've played it too, it's shallow, uninspired, and forcefeeds the player missions that are either tedious, frustrating, or both.

You knew what to expect. Its not like you haven't played Assassins Creed before, or have you? If this was released on any other platform late it would've sold better. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Spare me. I played it. Its fare from mediocre.

I've played it too, it's shallow, uninspired, and forcefeeds the player missions that are either tedious, frustrating, or both.

You knew what to expect. Its not like you haven't played Assassins Creed before, or have you? 

Excuse me for thinking Ubisoft might have actually tried to meaningfully differentiate their franchises.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You knew what to expect. Its not like you haven't played Assassins Creed before, or have you? 

Excuse me for thinking Ubisoft might have actually tried to meaningfully differentiate their franchises.

As you guys said, you knew what to expect since it was six months late. Are you going to complain about it now? This response is too usual.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

As you guys said, you knew what to expect since it was six months late. Are you going to complain about it now? This response is too usual.

One can only really know what to expect when one plays the game. I made a point of doing this before deciding whether or not to purchase, but I had no need to until last week, once the Wii U version was imminent.

I wish Nintendo was more strict at this point. Lets see how Ubisoft reacts if Nintendo denied them releasing the next Just Dance on the Wii...

Couldn't beat Bayonetta's fourth week. I'm sorry Ubisoft but this one's on you.

curl-6 said:

Mediocre game released 6 months late at full price, after the hype train had crashed, been decommissioned, and sold as scrap. And right before Smash.
There was no way this was ever going to sell well.

this post^ should win some type of award