By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs shifts almost no copies on its Wii U launch in UK

KLXVER said:
I wish Nintendo was more strict at this point. Lets see how Ubisoft reacts if Nintendo denied them releasing the next Just Dance on the Wii...

Ubisoft wont deny Nintendo what sells on their platform. Its bad for business. Nintendo's installed base has been trained for twenty years to look outside of Nintendo for third party. Its just how it is. Unless Nintendo plans for a healthy third party relationship before they build their consoles they will never have it.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KLXVER said:
I wish Nintendo was more strict at this point. Lets see how Ubisoft reacts if Nintendo denied them releasing the next Just Dance on the Wii...

Ubisoft wont deny Nintendo what sells on their platform. Its bad for business. Nintendo's installed base has been trained for twenty years to look outside of Nintendo for third party. Its just how it is. Unless Nintendo plans for a healthy third party relationship before they build their consoles they will never have it.

Oh, you mean like the "Nightmare to develop for" PS3?

So are there any major 3rd parties supporting the Wii U anymore? I know Ubisoft will probably still release the annual Just Dance and the like for it but anything else?

NobleTeam360 said:
So are there any major 3rd parties supporting the Wii U anymore? I know Ubisoft will probably still release the annual Just Dance and the like for it but anything else?

Project Cars from Slightly Mad Studios, and a few partnerships like Devil's Third from Valhalla.

KLXVER said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Oh, you mean like the "Nightmare to develop for" PS3?

Better a Nightmare to develop for console, than an underpowered joke that inspired cheap cash grabs from third party because it couldn't handle the current gens hottest AAA titles and had a dispoable audience who has no loyalty to gaming nor Nintendo. Unlike your comment, Nintendo was more mature about it and decided to court third parties. Here is the problem....they did it well after their console was developed and did not consult developers about next gen expectations for their games, which they stated since 2011 they had standards for. Nintendo expressed regret not having the hottest AAA titles on their console.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer 

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Not really...

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Better a Nightmare to develop for console, than an underpowered joke that inspired cheap cash grabs from third party because it couldn't handle the current gens hottest AAA titles.

Ok then...

padib said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KLXVER said:

Ubisoft wont deny Nintendo what sells on their platform. Its bad for business. Nintendo's installed base has been trained for twenty years to look outside of Nintendo for bad third party games. Its just how it is. Unless Nintendo plans for a healthy third party relationship before they build their consoles they will never have it.

Nintendo fans would buy good third party games if they were released on their system. But that never happens. Nintendo gamers don't buy bad games so that's why bad 3rd party games sell best on PS and XB.

Well thats not true. Bad games are bad games. They wont sell well on any system.

This is above my expectations

Pocky Lover Boy! 

A significant amount of peeps (enough at least to make a decent community on Miiverse) seem to have downloaded it, buying it digitally, not physically. But yes, it was never going to do well, the way Ubisoft handled it.

Sad, really. It could have done better. If they had released it on time, or better yet, worked on it some more with all that extra time, given it some REAL exclusive content to care about, and released it for at least $10 cheaper than full price, and it might have done better. And not releasing it right before Smash, yeah, bad move.

They really did set it up to fail. First screwing Wii U out of Rayman exclusivity (which all those other ports didn't even wind up netting them much in sales), and then this. *shrugs*

Oh well. There are a lot of great looking eShop games in the pipeline. I think I'm good.