By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Is Really Fading Out Fast In The US

People are probably waiting for the New 3DS. Its actually silly if one buys a 3ds right now when the new version is coming soon

Around the Network

Did the US not get this bundle?

It's pretty awesome, if I didn't have a Zelda gold 3DS already I'd get this one. 

3DS is no match for the iPad

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

shogunknight said:
People are probably waiting for the New 3DS. Its actually silly if one buys a 3ds right now when the new version is coming soon

I think the main people waiting for the New 3DS are hardcore Nintendo fans who already have a 3DS. 

The New 3DS doesn't really offer anything "new", especially not to Western players who don't give a crap about Monster Hunter. 

Slapping a tiny joystick onto the right side and making the web browser faster isn't going to light sales on fire. 

Count how many big games came to the 3DS this year in the US.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:

Probably about the same as the PSP in 2008. 

Beyond that though the 3DS already has a pretty great back catalog of games. 

I think the 3DS has actually done pretty well considering the current state of HH's in the U.S

I believe that the N3DS actually will help sales next year here. Will it set the U.S market on fire? No. Will it help the actual userbase grow? Probably not. I do think it will increase sales due to double dippers though

oniyide said:
New 3ds? Sonds alot like that 2ds jargon people were spewing last time and that didnt help either. If people dont want 3ds now. A more expensive, slightly more powerful one with a nub is not going to sway most of them. Lets not kid ourselves...again.

Yeah agreed with this. I remember last year people saying the 2DS + Pokemon X/Y + Zelda was a can't miss formula to ignite 3DS sales ... and they really didn't. 

Iwata said it was their worst holiday season since he's been president, this year looks like it will be worse. Wii U sales will be up, but the decline in 3DS sales pretty much will more than cancel that out. I think they will be happy with Smash + Amiibo sales though. 

Sigh the sales are fine, well according to Nintendo. Even Nintendo said themselves that they will only release the NEW 3DS once sales are blow their expectations.

I wonder how low these expectation are lol.

Soundwave said:
Clyde32 said:

Probably about the same as the PSP in 2008. 

Beyond that though the 3DS already has a pretty great back catalog of games. 

Compare them.