By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Is Really Fading Out Fast In The US

No wonder when no games get released.  But tbh I think it sells quite good.

To me it feels like 5 games were released this year. (Bad Yoshi etc does not count imo)

This year I bought Smash Tomodachi Life and Fantasy Life. thats it. (Will buy Pokemon to get a free game with the club nintendo promotion)

Btw Fucking Dragon Quest where are you?!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Haven't you been making the same thread every other month? What kind of answers are you looking for?

RolStoppable said:
Haven't you been making the same thread every other month? What kind of answers are you looking for?

It's a sales board, I'm sharing sales data, what's wrong with that? 

JazzB1987 said:

No wonder when no games get released.  But tbh I think it sells quite good.

To me it feels like 5 games were released this year. (Bad Yoshi etc does not count imo)

This year I bought Smash Tomodachi Life and Fantasy Life. thats it. (Will buy Pokemon to get a free game with the club nintendo promotion)

Btw Fucking Dragon Quest where are you?!

There's been some OK releases 

Bravely Default, Final Fantasy Theaterhythm 2, Persona Q, Yoshi's New Island, Super Smash Bros. 3D, Fantasy Life, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario Golf, Tomodachi Collection ... you can't expect every year to be like last year, even the DS wasn't like that. 

It would be nice if they brought Dragon Quest VII here, but lets be honest, sales wouldn't be any different had they done that. 

Soundwave said:

There's been some OK releases 

Bravely Default, Final Fantasy Theaterhythm 2, Persona Q, Yoshi's New Island, Super Smash Bros. 3D, Fantasy Life, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario Golf, Tomodachi Collection ... you can't expect every year to be like last year, even the DS wasn't like that. 

It would be nice if they brought Dragon Quest VII here, but lets be honest, sales wouldn't be any different had they done that. 

So pretty much Smash Bros, Bravely Default and Tomodachi so far. All within like 4 months of each other?

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:

Compare them.

PSP 2008 sales (only games which released in the west in that year)

God of War: Chains of Olympus

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Patapon

FIFA 09

LEGO Indiana Jones

Star Wars Force Unleashed

Pro Evo 2008

Midnight Club LA

Buzz: Master Quiz

Need for Speed: Undercover

WWE 2009

Madden 09

Secret Agent Clank

I'd say the 3DS had a better year.

edit: In fact, for comparison, here's 3DS' list

Smash

Pokemon

Kirby

Yoshi

LEGO The Movie

Persona Q

Mario Golf

Theathrhythm

Tomodachi

Layton (Europe only)

Disney Magic Castle

double edit: Forgot Pokemon, doh.

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

It's a sales board, I'm sharing sales data, what's wrong with that? 

You keep beating the same drum in hopes of finding some rhythm, but it never goes beyond noise.

Shrugs, you might have a point if I was making up numbers, but these are the sales numbers, the market at large is speaking. Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the message. 

There are still a lot of people on this board that think the 3DS can continue on for several more years ... I don't think they really understand how dire its sales situation is in a big market like the US. Threads like this provide a pretty good contrast of where the system is at using actual data. 

Did people really the 2DS would sell a lot?

How does selling less than PSP or DS in 2008 show that 3DS is fading fast? Shouldn't u compare 3DS in 2014 vs 3DS in previous years to show how it's fading?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

XanderXT said:
Did people really the 2DS would sell a lot?

Well it did sell 3 million in 6 months.