By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Is Really Fading Out Fast In The US

Fusioncode said:
tbone51 said:
oniyide said:
New 3ds? Sonds alot like that 2ds jargon people were spewing last time and that didnt help either. If people dont want 3ds now. A more expensive, slightly more powerful one with a nub is not going to sway most of them. Lets not kid ourselves...again.

Japan says hello^ Also its not more expensive, its almost same price.

That said it'll help maintain its life. Also N3DS>>3DS>>>>>2DS. 

You expect the new 3DS to outsell the 3DS lifetime?

Hellllllllll  Yeah... (no!) I was talking about About overall hardware. I thought 2ds was going to sell alot because of that price, but vita tv+2ds obviously say no to that XD

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Fusioncode said:
tbone51 said:

You expect the new 3DS to outsell the 3DS lifetime?

Hellllllllll  Yeah... (no!) I was talking about About overall hardware. I thought 2ds was going to sell alot because of that price, but vita tv+2ds obviously say no to that XD

Good cause I was getting worried there for a second. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

oniyide said:

I registered a few days before my aunt's death in Febuary, then forgot my pasword until June.

sorry bout your loss. you just missed it, when it became apparent that 2ds wasnt doing anything people shut up real quick

It did do something, it outsold its competition within that 6 months from release (3mil+ sold).

I didn't shut upreal fast btw, im still here:0

New 3DS won't magically turn things around. Dedicated handhelds are being killed by mobile phones and tablets.

People seem to think that the N3DS will do nothing because the 2DS did nothing. I disagree simply because of double dippers. Anybody who owns a 3DS won't downgrade to a 2DS...

They might want to upgrade though

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
People seem to think that the N3DS will do nothing because the 2DS did nothing. I disagree simply because of double dippers. Anybody who owns a 3DS won't downgrade to a 2DS...

They might want to upgrade though

Nice comment!And that's why a revision comes,it might not skyrocket 3ds but at least will make it have similar sales with those of 2011,2012 and 2013,which is good because they were 14m-15m...

Japan sales now compare to those of 2013 and without new 3ds i feel that 3ds would sell lower...

iTechHeads said:
New 3DS won't magically turn things around. Dedicated handhelds are being killed by mobile phones and tablets.

Nobody is saying it'll turn around, its more keeping the 3ds alive (prolonging life)

3DS 2013 vs 3DS 2014

January-140k vs 97k
February-191k (331k) vs 153k (250k)
March-230k (561k) vs 159k (409k)
April-180k (741k) vs 106k (515k)
May-114k (855k) vs 97k (612k)
June-225k (1080k) vs 152k (764k)
July-150k (1230k) vs 108k (872k)
August-130k (1360k) vs 91k (963k)
September-150k (1510k) vs 141k (1104k)
October-450k (1960k) vs 138k (1242k)
November-770k (2730k) vs ????
December-1100k (3830k) vs ????

Thru the first 9 months of the year, 3DS is down roughly 20%, yes it is declining but it's not falling nearly as fast as u make it out to be. I didn't include October in that comparison, Pokemon+redesign make it a pretty unfair month to compare.

Nov+Dec should be about 1.5 million or so for 3DS so 2.7-2.8m year end, possibly 3 million if Pokemon makes Nov/Dec real strong.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:
New 3ds? Sonds alot like that 2ds jargon people were spewing last time and that didnt help either. If people dont want 3ds now. A more expensive, slightly more powerful one with a nub is not going to sway most of them. Lets not kid ourselves...again.

Japan doesnt say anything because this is about the US. Japan loves portables so they'll keep buying them

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

I registered a few days before my aunt's death in Febuary, then forgot my pasword until June.

sorry bout your loss. you just missed it, when it became apparent that 2ds wasnt doing anything people shut up real quick

It did do something, it outsold its competition within that 6 months from release (3mil+ sold).

I didn't shut upreal fast btw, im still here:0

so...it would have outsold it anyway. The Vita was NEVER a factor against 3ds. 2ds didnt stop sales decline so not it didnt do anything.