By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Twilight Princess the worst 3D Zelda?

Is TP the worst of the main 3D Zelda?

Yes 111 20.33%

No 434 79.49%

Total:545
mZuzek said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I only have played the NES Zelda, which was amazing and the SNES Zelda, also great.
I had the Ocarine for 3DS but I hated from my very gut.

I know your pain. Having only played 2D Zelda games as a kid, I found the transition to 3D extremely hard and for a long time neglected them. It's worse when you consider that we all try to start with Ocarina of Time because of all the hype around it, but that is really a terrible place to start. I know a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I think Ocarina of Time has a very, VERY slow start and it only picks up at least 5 or 6 hours into the game. I'd recommend trying out The Wind Waker or Skyward Sword.

Really? I found OoT to have one of the fastest starts. Less than 1 hour in and you're already in the first dungeon. Compare that to TP, which takes like 2-3 hours until you're in the Forest Temple.

Around the Network

Still haven't beat it didn't like the wolf parts.

mZuzek said:
Bman54 said:
mZuzek said:

I know your pain. Having only played 2D Zelda games as a kid, I found the transition to 3D extremely hard and for a long time neglected them. It's worse when you consider that we all try to start with Ocarina of Time because of all the hype around it, but that is really a terrible place to start. I know a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I think Ocarina of Time has a very, VERY slow start and it only picks up at least 5 or 6 hours into the game. I'd recommend trying out The Wind Waker or Skyward Sword.

Really? I found OoT to have one of the fastest starts. Less than 1 hour in and you're already in the first dungeon. Compare that to TP, which takes like 2-3 hours until you're in the Forest Temple.

Yeah, that's the reply I usually get.

You sure as hell get to the first dungeon very quick (and it's a fully fledged dungeon too), but I just think it's a boring, confusing game with an uninteresting plot driven by people telling you "do this because we need you to" rather than the player's desire - until your return to Market after the third dungeon, that is. After that, finally things start happening, the plot becomes much more engaging and compelling, you start unlocking much more interesting new items and abilities, etc.

Well a lot of that comes down to personal opinion. Personally, the plot of any Zelda game (except maaaaaaaybe Wind Waker and TP) isn't all that important to me, and rarely is it why I want to keep going. I want to keep going because I just want to experience all the games have to offer, namely the dungeons. So when OoT gave me a full dungeon within 1 hour (which is down to like 15 minutes for me after playing it so often), that was amazing. I don't even mind slow starts. Granted, Twilight's could have been a little shorter, but I still enjoyed everything up until the Forest Temple.

Love TP! For me The WORST 3D Zelda ever created is Wind Waker! ONG that story was weak, dungeons were easy as hell....

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

if you say so

I do say so. :) Swinging the sword with my own movement felt satisfying, and aiming with the pointer felt lightyears more immersive and fun than with an analogue stick.

dude you trying to convince me or yourself? I thought the controls were horrid, you didnt. its fine.

Just articulating my reasons for why I thought so.

fair enough

Around the Network

I REALLY like Twilight Princess, so no!

I don't really see how anyone can complain about TP's controls when the motions essentially just replaced button presses. It pretty much controlled like every other Zelda game before it, except you could aim your reticule easier with the infrared control.

If TP was the worst 3D Zelda that isn't really saying much. Being the dullest gold cup of the lot doesn't make it much less valuable.

Am I the only here who doesn't see what is " so fucking awful" about Skyward Sword? Seriosuly now..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

NO. I loved it!

more than Wind Waker.... but I partially agree with you on point 1. some wolf bits felt... WTH enough already!

Switch!!!

AZWification said:

Am I the only here who doesn't see what is " so fucking awful" about Skyward Sword? Seriosuly now..

It wasn't awful, for me. The pleasant aesthetics, the emphatization on story and the lively world were all nice. But for some reason, the gameplay bored me.