By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Twilight Princess the worst 3D Zelda?

Is TP the worst of the main 3D Zelda?

Yes 111 20.33%

No 434 79.49%

Total:545

No, it's one of the best. It has amazing dungeons and great locations. Wind Waker is the 'worst'. It's the opposite, just a few mediocre dungeons and an overworld that's the least interesting. Even though Twilight Princess isn't exactly hard either, Wind Waker is even easier (though 2D game The Minish Cap takes the cake on that part).

To me; Ocarina of Time > Twilight Princess > Majora's Mask > Skyward Sword > The Wind Waker

All are still awesome games, even Wind Waker.

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Am I the only here who doesn't see what is " so fucking awful" about Skyward Sword? Seriosuly now..

No, you're not alone. I adore Skyward Sword, one of my top games of last gen.

mZuzek said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I only have played the NES Zelda, which was amazing and the SNES Zelda, also great.
I had the Ocarine for 3DS but I hated from my very gut.

I know your pain. Having only played 2D Zelda games as a kid, I found the transition to 3D extremely hard and for a long time neglected them. It's worse when you consider that we all try to start with Ocarina of Time because of all the hype around it, but that is really a terrible place to start. I know a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I think Ocarina of Time has a very, VERY slow start and it only picks up at least 5 or 6 hours into the game. I'd recommend trying out The Wind Waker or Skyward Sword.

I agree 100%. I think I will buy the new Zelda U when it comes out, or maybe WindWaker.

Skyward Sword is impossible to find in Brazil, so is Twilight Princess.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Agreed on all three points from the OP. Honestly, even though I don't particularly care too much for Skyward Sword, I would definitely want to replay that game a second time more than TP. Just too many parts in TP I would have to wade through to get to the good stuff, it's not worth it. I wish Zelda games prior to 2011 had a boss rush mode.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

I've killed men for speaking badly of Twilight Princess.

Around the Network

I hated turning into the wolf

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

OK, time to become unpopular. In my opinion the worst is Wind Waker, though I'll note that I've never played Majora's Mask (that'll change when the 3DS remake comes out)

Yeah, sorry Wind Waker, I love you, but the main 3D Zelda games are of such prodigious quality and Wind Waker is just a little bit worse than the others for me. The sailing can be dull, the dungeon design is middling, the game is short in comparison to the others, and it just left the least impression. Like I say, in any other series Wind Waker would be the best, but for a Zelda game more can be given.

Without reading the comments, I'm going to guess that everyone's going to diss Skyward Sword. For my part, I had a lot of fun with Skyward Sword - in particular the great selection of puzzles and items, and taking a genuine gamble with motion controls that I think paid off mostly. In my opinion Skyward Sword has the best dungeons - in particular the Ancient Cistern and the Sandship stand out across the whole series.

As for the points against Twilight Princess, I agree with 1) and 2), but I disagree with 3). I actually really like the connect between normal Hyrule and the Twilight World, both conceptually and graphically. I think as soon as you use the word "cartoonish" you lose me anyway. The point of the two contrasting styles was to show how the Twilight World was taking over regular Hyrule, and honestly, without that "cartoonish" element to it I think the game would have seriously lacked character. Overall I put Twilight Princess higher than Wind Waker for sure.

I'm a huge fan of Twilight Princess. I consider it a revival of the more traditional Zelda-franchise, from the obscure Majora's Mask and the slow paced Wind Waker. I consider Twilight Princess to be on par with Ocarina of Time overall. However it does have some issues. The balance between dungeons and the open world isn't as perfect as in Ocarina of Time, and the Wii version has control issues that I find hard to accept.

Otherwise it's a perfect game from my point of view. The dark tone is everything I imagined the Zelda world to be back in the days when I played A Link to the Past. I'd give the GameCube version of the game a 10/10, along with Ocarina of Time.

Below is how I rank the 3D Zelda's;

1. Ocarina of Time (3DS) 10/10
2. Ocarina of Time (N64/GC) 10/10
3. Twilight Princess (GC) 10/10
4. Twilight Princess (Wii) 9,5/10
5. Wind Waker HD (Wii U) 9,5/10
6. Wind Waker (GC) 9,5/10
7. Skyward Sword (Wii) 9,0/10
8. Majora's Mask (N64) 9,0/10

In other words, I find all 3D Zelda's to be amazing games. In comparison I only have eight perfect ten scores among all the games I've ever played. Four of those are 3D Zelda games. The series is simply outstanding to any other game series from my oint of view.

I think so. It just doesn't have a soul I feel. Just an OOT wannabe.

TP is great. I think WW was just a tad worse. SS too.

OoT and MM is also good, but my favourite right now is TP.

Yep.