By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best looking game this year?

Best graphics of 2014?

The Last of Us Remastered 50 11.06%

inFamous: Second Son 144 31.86%

Titanfall 3 0.66%

Halo: Master Chief Collection 13 2.88%

Mario Kart 8 111 24.56%

Bayonetta 2 42 9.29%

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 43 9.51%

Watch_Dogs 0 0%

Destiny 8 1.77%

GTA V 37 8.19%

Total:451

Forza horizon 2 and drive club?? I would say Forza horizon 2 and infamous

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Some PC version of the game.

Zekkyou said:

That seems a tad over dramatic. Its texture work can be pretty poor, and some of the sets are in desperate need of better modelling (the same can be said of most fighters), but past that its graphics are fairly good for a WiiU game hitting 1080p/60fps.

Not that its graphics are really an issue here. This threads is about visuals in general, and SSBU's art style makes it quite attractive. Not as much as MK8 in my opinion, but still quite nice.

But the question in the poll suggests otherwise. I've seen a lot of people mixing "best looking" with "best graphics" lately (My favourite youtuber wanted to know if his girlfriend agreed with Eurogamer that MK8 was the best looking game of 2014, and then he asked "would you say Mario Kart 8 is the best looking game released this year, graphically?" I facepalmed so hard -_-)

BraLoD said:
ktay95 said:
BraLoD said:

That's meany =(

Yeah well maybe they should finish their game next time before they release it a year late... or maybe their wont be a next time and Sony has learnt they dropped the wrong studio, Psygnosis should have made a PS4 launch WipEout instead of letting Evo waste time and deliver garbage.

I don't think we should bring the conversation to this points here, I was only surprised the game is not here because it looks amazingly good

Any chance I get to bitch about Sony closing Psygnosis I will take. They deserved more then to let a Vita title decide their fate

The Banner Saga, a truly beautiful game, both in narrative and visuals. Doesn't hurt that it's awesome either.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
ktay95 said:
BraLoD said:

I don't think we should bring the conversation to this points here, I was only surprised the game is not here because it looks amazingly good

Any chance I get to bitch about Sony closing Psygnosis I will take. They deserved more then to let a Vita title decide their fate

Seems like you are pretty mad with this stuff

Well yeah. WipEout 2048 was my first and it was fucking amazing, then all of a sudden the studio is shut down and we will more than likely never see a WipEout game again.

Evolution Studios on the other hand, well to put it bluntly they are shit.

SvennoJ said:

I had to move my screenshot collection off the ps4 for LBP3 (it freezes while scanning the system for screenshots everytime you access the popit). Browsing through them, TLoU remastered photo mode stood out, amazing screenshots. In motion and direct captures it's Infamous SS though.

What a great game.

And what sad hair physics on the picture :P.. garbled mess where the bending is done.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

none of those

mM

MK8 and Infamous are the best IMO.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I personally love the graphics in Destiny. That or Mario Kart WiiU.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!