By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best looking game this year?

Best graphics of 2014?

The Last of Us Remastered 50 11.06%

inFamous: Second Son 144 31.86%

Titanfall 3 0.66%

Halo: Master Chief Collection 13 2.88%

Mario Kart 8 111 24.56%

Bayonetta 2 42 9.29%

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 43 9.51%

Watch_Dogs 0 0%

Destiny 8 1.77%

GTA V 37 8.19%

Total:451

There are a couple of games for me that stand out as great looking titles from this year but for some reason they ain't even on the list. Alien Isolation has impressed me as much as anything graphically so far this year. Also, cutscenes aside, Dragon Age is quite the looker!

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network

Transistor tops my list, no question. One of the most visually appealing games I've played in years.

Of the 10 you listed i'd probably pick inFamous. It's one of the few games that impressed me with both their graphical accomplishments and their art direction (unlike its predecessors, which i thought were pretty ugly in both respects). I'd stick MK8 or TLOU:R in second. Depends how mean i'm feeling about MK8's aweful IQ

Where is Forza Horizons 2??? Definitely the best looking game of the year.

Monster Monpiece =D

As a couple have already pointed out, if it's a case of graphics, then I dunno how Wii U games are included in this. Graphics wise, Watch_Dogs on PC knocks everyone of these games away, but that's a little unfair due to PC vs console.

Out of that list, and console wise I'll pick ISS as the best looking game graphically.

Most visually appealing game, well my top 3 picks aren't even listed :D

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
No Driveclub?

Is that game out yet?? All I remeber realesing was DRIVEALONE =(

100% The Last of Us Remastered and inFamous: Second Son for PS4

thatguymarco said:

Anyone who voted for Smash is seriously blind, I mean I love the game, but that doesn't make it not look like a cross of early 360 and PS2 in terms of graphics. Some of the eyes and mouths of the characters are still textures, next gen, people.

That seems a tad over dramatic. Its texture work can be pretty poor, and some of the sets are in desperate need of better modelling (the same can be said of most fighters), but past that its graphics are fairly good for a WiiU game hitting 1080p/60fps.

Not that its graphics are really an issue here. This threads is about visuals in general, and SSBU's art style makes it quite attractive. Not as much as MK8 in my opinion, but still quite nice.

BraLoD said:
ktay95 said:
BraLoD said:
No Driveclub?

Is that game out yet?? All I remeber realesing was DRIVEALONE =(

That's meany =(

Yeah well maybe they should finish their game next time before they release it a year late... or maybe their wont be a next time and Sony has learnt they dropped the wrong studio, Psygnosis should have made a PS4 launch WipEout instead of letting Evo waste time and deliver garbage.

Mario Kart 8 for me.. TLOU: Remastered and Second Son also look pretty great!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---