By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best looking game this year?

Best graphics of 2014?

The Last of Us Remastered 50 11.06%

inFamous: Second Son 144 31.86%

Titanfall 3 0.66%

Halo: Master Chief Collection 13 2.88%

Mario Kart 8 111 24.56%

Bayonetta 2 42 9.29%

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 43 9.51%

Watch_Dogs 0 0%

Destiny 8 1.77%

GTA V 37 8.19%

Total:451

I find your lack of Dragon Age disturbing...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

I voted Bayonetta. It's also my new favorite franchise.

I prefer the style of Mario Kart 8, but pretty much everything on this list looks great as well.

Drive Club.

Shame about the gameplay...

Shadow of Mordor, followed by Forza Horizon 2

Around the Network

How the hell could ttf even be on the list lol?!

fireburn95 said:

"Insane" (Highest) settings:

curl-6 said:
fireburn95 said:

"Insane" (Highest) settings:

So purdy!

Zekkyou said:
thatguymarco said:

Anyone who voted for Smash is seriously blind, I mean I love the game, but that doesn't make it not look like a cross of early 360 and PS2 in terms of graphics. Some of the eyes and mouths of the characters are still textures, next gen, people.

That seems a tad over dramatic. Its texture work can be pretty poor, and some of the sets are in desperate need of better modelling (the same can be said of most fighters), but past that its graphics are fairly good for a WiiU game hitting 1080p/60fps.

Not that its graphics are really an issue here. This threads is about visuals in general, and SSBU's art style makes it quite attractive. Not as much as MK8 in my opinion, but still quite nice.

Are we factoring performance and resolution in this? Because in that case Smash U is pretty good looking for what it is, but focusing only on graphical fidelity, it's definitely not a looker, even if its cartoony artstyle makes it more appealing to the eye, there's still far nicer looking games this year.

I'm now filled with determination.

child of light for me.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.