By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I feel Like Microsoft Should Try to Focus on Places they arent performing well in a little more.

ktay95 said:
celador said:
Can't say I agree.

If EU, Asia and RotW territories didn't jump ship at the beginning of last gen, they never will

So you would rather they "lose" every generation because they ignore over half the market??

The market is ignoring MS as much as MS is ignoring them.  It's been thirteen years now, and the best chance to become relevant in these markets has been and gone.  They tried when Sony was at their weakest and lost.  They even made a real effort to court Japanese exclusives at one stage.  Still didn't work.  And given how American-centric the console was from the very first reveal, I would guess MS knew that from the beginning of this gen.

Around the Network

Microsoft probably wants to lock down the US and UK considering they're the only markets where the One can win. I honestly don't believe the One can do much better in the other markets.

Yea! They should focus on Japan too loll! Jk Jk

But in all seriousness, they should focus everywhere

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

They should focus on US and UK to get the biggest share of the market then other countries when X1 catches more fire.
Outside US & UK, people are super PS loyal and there's no marketing strategy to turn that around.
The way to do it, is to show that gamers in the biggest markets choose Xbox to game on.
That's the way it should be especially with Japanese market steering away from traditional home consoles.

it's simple. xbox cannot afford to "compete" world wide. the losses are just too large to make those price cuts a world wide thing or ms will kill the entire xbox division. the rest of the world is subsidizing america's low prices.

Around the Network
celador said:
ktay95 said:
celador said:
Can't say I agree.

If EU, Asia and RotW territories didn't jump ship at the beginning of last gen, they never will

So you would rather they "lose" every generation because they ignore over half the market??

The market is ignoring MS as much as MS is ignoring them.  It's been thirteen years now, and the best chance to become relevant in these markets has been and gone.  They tried when Sony was at their weakest and lost.  They even made a real effort to court Japanese exclusives at one stage.  Still didn't work.  And given how American-centric the console was from the very first reveal, I would guess MS knew that from the beginning of this gen.

Lol, actually it was going really well. Sure they werent winning but they were making ground until they gave up. MS gotta stick at it and claw at them over time. If they dont even give themselves a chance they will never be successful. Plenty of companies take a long time to finally break into a market, shit just look how long it took apple to get to where they are with their products.

think they are doing what they have to do,let us not forget the PS4 has sold more than the XOne in both USA & UK overall regardless of the recent month,

the price & bundles were necessary to stay level in their strong markets,couldn't lose anymore ground

Above & Beyond

To be honest most game companies dont focus enough on non american markets. Speaking as a european the only two big franchises that caters to us is fifa and assasins creed. Most other games is just 'merica fuck yeah.. Even when games are about us it still has have the american angle. Im thinking specifically on the 3 latest ww2 shooters. Sniper elite v3 where you are an american volunteer sniper during the north africa campaign between the UK and italy/germany. The US werent even in the war back then. Wolfebstein where you are once again an american saving the poles as a resistance fighter after waking up and found that 'america surrendered. The war is over'. What about the soviet union, UK and nationalist china? Who cares about them right?. The last one and most ridiculous in my opinion is enemy front. You are a resistance fighter in poland during the blitzkrieg in the early years of the war as operation barbarossa was ongoing. Turns out you are a war correspondent. From the US. Enough. The closest thing we get to european only games is in the UK and that is so obviously just to not completely alienate its US audience. We are a vast market and FIFA proves you dont need US sales in order to have a successfull product.

Focusing on more regions takes longer.
They need to be competitive ASAP cause losing early in the gen is a lot harder to comeback from then slowing down later on regardless of region.
So expanding their focus will slow them down so much that the loss of key regions will outweigh the minimal world wide boost/ baseline increase.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Focusing on more regions takes longer.
They need to be competitive ASAP cause losing early in the gen is a lot harder to comeback from then slowing down later on regardless of region.
So expanding their focus will slow them down so much that the loss of key regions will outweigh the minimal world wide boost/ baseline increase.

Probably one of your best comment I've ever read.