By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I feel Like Microsoft Should Try to Focus on Places they arent performing well in a little more.

Goatseye said:
dyremose said:
To be honest most game companies dont focus enough on non american markets. Speaking as a european the only two big franchises that caters to us is fifa and assasins creed. Most other games is just 'merica fuck yeah.. Even when games are about us it still has have the american angle. Im thinking specifically on the 3 latest ww2 shooters. Sniper elite v3 where you are an american volunteer sniper during the north africa campaign between the UK and italy/germany. The US werent even in the war back then. Wolfebstein where you are once again an american saving the poles as a resistance fighter after waking up and found that 'america surrendered. The war is over'. What about the soviet union, UK and nationalist china? Who cares about them right?. The last one and most ridiculous in my opinion is enemy front. You are a resistance fighter in poland during the blitzkrieg in the early years of the war as operation barbarossa was ongoing. Turns out you are a war correspondent. From the US. Enough. The closest thing we get to european only games is in the UK and that is so obviously just to not completely alienate its US audience. We are a vast market and FIFA proves you dont need US sales in order to have a successfull product.

Guess where most of the big publishers and devs reside? US right? Who do you think they gonna pander to more?

For your information, US was involved in the WW2 and was present in North Africa.

There are a lot of games with Japanese influence out there, why don't you say something about that? Your inferiority complex towards America got your judgement clouded, son.

Guerilla games

Dice

Media molecule

Cd projekt red

Ubisoft 

Ill reiterate.  The US was not in the war at that point in time. They primarily cobtributed through the lend lease act and not through manpower except volunteers. Of course it is possible an american colunteer would be there among the british,  but playing  as that minority is not plausible. 

I didnt mention japan as they do have enough titles made specifically for them. The point of the thread was to encourage pandering to other markets right? 

I have no inferiority complex towards america. Denmark will statistically beat you in most categories valued by society. Except perhaps most homicides and obesity ratio.  So no thanks im fine here.  You can keep your pretend exclusive, freedom. 

Around the Network

But they are trying, just look at China. I'm pretty sure it was MS that made the hardest push to open the console market over there again.

In a business sense, not really a good idea to focus on where you are weak. New, emerging markets are fine. Going where you and your competitor are weak to try expand your market before your competitor gains a foothold there is fine. But expanding in areas where your competitor is strong and where you are weak is just not cost effective.

What are "European games" or games that Europeans like to begin with?

Sure, Fifa, GTA and CoD, but other than that?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

MS could have released a console 2x as powerful as the PS4 and it would still be where it is. Brand power rules all. All they can really do now is release compelling exclusives.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
dyremose said:

Guerilla games

Dice

Media molecule

Cd projekt red

Ubisoft 

Ill reiterate.  The US was not in the war at that point in time. They primarily cobtributed through the lend lease act and not through manpower except volunteers. Of course it is possible an american colunteer would be there among the british,  but playing  as that minority is not plausible. 

I didnt mention japan as they do have enough titles made specifically for them. The point of the thread was to encourage pandering to other markets right? 

I have no inferiority complex towards america. Denmark will statistically beat you in most categories valued by society. Except perhaps most homicides and obesity ratio.  So no thanks im fine here.  You can keep your pretend exclusive, freedom. 

You're not making any sense son and your petty comments are starting to get out of line. Read more and stop being ignorant.

CDiablo said:

MS could have released a console 2x as powerful as the PS4 and it would still be where it is. Brand power rules all. All they can really do now is release compelling exclusives.

It's as simple as this.

well

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

I think they evaluated the potential in these places, they figured that spending money on promotion to try to build momentum and enough buzz to generate good sales (I.E. more than they invest in promotion) would not be worth much effort... neither in relation to PS4 sales nor in absolute numbers.

It's too late ...

Microsoft can't do anything about it. Had this thread been created a year ago, there would still be some hope left but their just going to have to live with the regret of their decision to initially neglect other territories throughout the entire generation ...

I guess the appropriate consolation would be "better luck next time" ...