By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I feel Like Microsoft Should Try to Focus on Places they arent performing well in a little more.

Goatseye said:
dyremose said:

Guerilla games

Dice

Media molecule

Cd projekt red

Ubisoft 

Ill reiterate.  The US was not in the war at that point in time. They primarily cobtributed through the lend lease act and not through manpower except volunteers. Of course it is possible an american colunteer would be there among the british,  but playing  as that minority is not plausible. 

I didnt mention japan as they do have enough titles made specifically for them. The point of the thread was to encourage pandering to other markets right? 

I have no inferiority complex towards america. Denmark will statistically beat you in most categories valued by society. Except perhaps most homicides and obesity ratio.  So no thanks im fine here.  You can keep your pretend exclusive, freedom. 

You're not making any sense son and your petty comments are starting to get out of line. Read more and stop being ignorant.

Ok.  Thx for contributing.  Maybe a bit less vague next time around,  but i suppose it is indeed easier to just do the 'no you are stupid just because'  routine..  Have fun being pretentious 'son' 

Around the Network

Let's be honest here, most of these territories have already been "lost" for Xbox and Microsoft really should focus on retaining the USA and UK above all else. They are still trailing by approximately a million units in America and the thought of them retaking the top spot in the UK is starting to look like a pipe dream. The shift in market share could have some serious ramifications for them.

fatslob-:O said:
It's too late ...

Microsoft can't do anything about it. Had this thread been created a year ago, there would still be some hope left but their just going to have to live with the regret of their decision to initially neglect other territories throughout the entire generation ...

I guess the appropriate consolation would be "better luck next time" ...

the drm bullshit lost em europe from the start.

alabtrosMyster said:

I think they evaluated the potential in these places, they figured that spending money on promotion to try to build momentum and enough buzz to generate good sales (I.E. more than they invest in promotion) would not be worth much effort... neither in relation to PS4 sales nor in absolute numbers.

I believe you hit the nail..  MS needs to build momentum in the countries it already have a strong presences.  MS needs the most sales in places where they can actually get those sales.  As we can see momentum is a big factor in continued sales and growth.  MS needs to first stabilize the regions with the most growth and potential first then tackle the smaller ones next if successful.  Trying to win France, Denmark, Germany…you name it but not stabilize the region you are most successful would cost way more.  Let’s be honest, MS winning Global is not going to happen , that ship sailed a long time ago, instead they probably want to gain as much marketshare in the places they are strong to stay competitive.