By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 18 million sold PS4's possible by the end of the year?

18 million sold PS4s possible by the end of the year?

Yes, maybe even more. 254 55.34%

18 million, of course. 59 12.85%

Over 17 million, sure. 64 13.94%

16 million or more. 55 11.98%

see results 26 5.66%

Total:458

I dont think 18m is happening, but ill say 16m is

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

16 million, at this point, would indicate that the PS4 will sell as much as the Wii U did last year from middle of November till the end of the year, an amazing and spectacular failure compared to the rest of the year and it would also likely be soundly beaten by both the One and the Wii U in this period if this were to pan out. That seems a tiny bit low, BF week alone should net it half of those 1.5-1.6 million.

PwerlvlAmy said:

How would that even be possible?

CGI-Quality said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

It'll be at 15 million when the next set of charts go up. For it not to do 18 million by Dec 31, it would be THE biggest drop in gaming history, during a holiday period. Furthermore, for it to do just 16 million, you're only expected a 1.6 million in the next 1.5 months of the holiday Season.

Are you sure you checked the numbers closely?

Lol, some people never learn....

PS4 is probably at 15m sold already, just before Black Friday. BF week would be more than 1m worldwide. December PS4 sales won't get below 4m, so if you sum correctly you get at least 20 mill sold. It's so obvious to me that I feel like everyone is crazy but me....

PwerlvlAmy said:

I'm really confused by this. Do you haonestly believe that the PS4 will only sell 1m units in December? I can't take your post seriously.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

This was my prediction that I made back in January 2014.

It's for shipped numbers. I filled in the blanks for Q4 2013 and predicted CY2014 as you can see.
Have to say It's not too bad a prediction but I think I may have under predicted PS4 and over predicted Xbox.
I can certainly see PS4 getting to over 18m sold in but don't think Xbox One will get to 11.7m, maybe at a push.

I think 18m plus but less than 19M. But what I do know is that SOny consistently sell more PS4's than 99% of us believe will happen so the fact loads of us are predicting 18-19M gives me the feeling it could even hit 20M. If not 20M shipped before the new year. If SOny were smart they would announce almost 20M shipped at their playstation event and after MS's antics with the almost 10M shipped lark I can def see them doing it. Fight fire with fire.

colafitte said:
Now is easy to predict!!! Where were all the people in March, August???

I'll only say one thing: 20 million sold.

I calledn18.5 mil early Aug. Ppl thought it was crazy

2008ProchargedGT said:
colafitte said:
Now is easy to predict!!! Where were all the people in March, August???

I'll only say one thing: 20 million sold.

I calledn18.5 mil early Aug. Ppl thought it was crazy

Tell me about it!

From August 5th, before the 10m sold annoucement from Sony at Gamescom:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6554788

And from October after 13'5m ps4 shipped annoucement:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6794916

And I can't found what I already said in February and March, but I was already sure PS4 would ship over 20m before 2015 back then. We are just a few that saw this from the beginning...

I predicted 18m SHIPPED back in January and people thought I was high haha.