By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 18 million sold PS4's possible by the end of the year?

18 million sold PS4s possible by the end of the year?

Yes, maybe even more. 254 55.34%

18 million, of course. 59 12.85%

Over 17 million, sure. 64 13.94%

16 million or more. 55 11.98%

see results 26 5.66%

Total:458

I'd be incredibly surprised if it didn't. In 2007 the PS3 sold (going by VGC numbers) 2.9m from Nov 17th to Dec 29th. The PS4 only needs to sell 700k more than that to hit 18m.

Around the Network

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Sony announce 16m sold at the Playstation event now. I think 18m is a given.

The PS5 Exists. 

If PS4 is at 14.4m as of 15th Nov then 18m is a lock. It'll be close to 16m after BF, December would have to be a disaster for it to not reach 18m

Gotta agree with Xevross here. I would expect 16 million, or maybe a couple 100k above it, after Black Friday. Barring catastrophic supply problems 2 million in December is pretty much a lock. 20 million is looking like a distinct possibility at this point.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

25 million, not less, I'm open to bets.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

3 months ago I wouldn't have thought that 18 million was possible. But now...

According to VGC Sony is now selling 500k and if we assume that's the minimum average over the next 6 (tracked) weeks that's 3 million. Add those 3 million to the 15 million(I'm assuming that's the actual min. amount of sold PS4 consoles) and the result is +18 million

So yes +18 million is very possible. We will know more if Sony announce (at PSX) that they have sold 16-17 million consoles.

Don't copy random editorials.

18 million sales is a given. PS4 sales are definitely higher than 14.4 million (I'll say current sales are about 15 million). It will sell like crazy on Black Friday and will carry that momentum throughout December.

Contrary to my previous prediction, yes, I now think 18m+ sold.

GribbleGrunger said:
I really wouldn't be surprised to see Sony announce 16m sold at the Playstation event now. I think 18m is a given.

The best case scenario for Sony would be an announcement of 20 million units sold at CES.

Now is easy to predict!!! Where were all the people in March, August???

I'll only say one thing: 20 million sold.