By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are reviewers being such hardasses this gen?

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Oh nos... Games that don't deserve high scores aren't getting high scores... What ever shall we do

Rebel?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Oh nos... Games that don't deserve high scores aren't getting high scores... What ever shall we do

Rebel?

lol...

Step 1: Make thread

Step 2: Buy crappy game to make sure it gets good sales

Step 3: Wonder in 5 years why games are crappy

Step 4: Make thread

I'm just joking, Fusion.  Not trying to start a fight with you.  But I do have a problem with the trend in gaming...and I'm glad many reviewers are feeling the same way.  

Fusioncode said:

Rebel?

Not really, I think its great that games are being punished for being shipped at a broken state... Watch, Little Timmy is going to get a ps4 for christmas with Lbp3 and when he tries to connect online, the psn servers will be down due to high traffic (cause ps4s are selling like free bjs) so he will just play the game, fall down a pit and experience his first gamebreaking bug, then go upto his room and cry in a corner. Samething goes for DC and MCC. Something like docking points will hopefully tell the developers/publishers that if they want high review scores, they have to ship the game at a complete and fully playable state without any game breaking bugs or tons of issues online

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

super_etecoon said:

- Buy crappy game to make sure it gets good sales

-Wonder in 5 years why games are crappy

"And that, children, is how the 8th gen came to be"

Fusioncode said:

I don't get it. Are they tired of people not taking them seriously? Do they thinking giving lower scores is going to make them legit or something? Is it just their time of the month?

Is this for real? Are we really doing this now?

It's been a running joke for years that review scores have been inflated. But when reviewers have apparently remembered that there are numbers below 8, suddenly it's a problem?

...augh.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

Honestly, I see these current scores as TRUE scores. Last gen scores were very generous in my opinion.

That or the devs spent too much money on the games and not enough on the bribes.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

7.8, too much water

super_etecoon said:
Fusioncode said:

Rebel?

lol...

Step 1: Make thread

Step 2: Buy crappy game to make sure it gets good sales

Step 3: Wonder in 5 years why games are crappy

Step 4: Make thread

I'm just joking, Fusion.  Not trying to start a fight with you.  But I do have a problem with the trend in gaming...and I'm glad many reviewers are feeling the same way.  

There is one gaping flaw in your logic, I wasn't making threads 5 years ago. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

ninjaman003 said:
7.8, too much water

Did anyone see IGN's review of OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire?

They thinking giving lower scores is going to make them legit

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m