By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are reviewers being such hardasses this gen?

also thus gen how much can gameplay change
i cant see it , howww can they improve , they are hitting a wall

Around the Network

they sure seem pretty generous when it comes to Nintendo games

10 years ago, Satoru Iwata said that new forms of gameplay have to be created because increased console power alone won't be enough to make new compelling gameplay experiences. This is why we got the Nintendo DS and Wii. Looking at how things have turned out, I think he was right. The Nintendo DS was a masterpiece. The Wii may have been flawed in many ways, but it did have some games that were pure gold.

The simple fact is many reviewers aren't saying these games are terrible. They just aren't that exciting. They aren't offering anything new over the last generation. Also keep in mind that many of these critics are in their 30's and 40's and have been playing and reviewing games back when you saw something new and groundbreaking every time you turned your head. Aside from gameplay, graphics haven't evolved much over the last 5 years. AI has evolved very little over the past 15 years.

Other than reviewers simply being burned out by games, there is corruption. You have some you'll portray themselves as the "rebel" by giving a good game a much lower score than most other publications for the purpose of click baiting while other will get on their knees and give an undeserving good review in order to get an exclusive for their site or magazine.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com