By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are reviewers being such hardasses this gen?

I'm actually happy publishers are getting constructive feedback. They days of getting good reviews out of name alone are done, and rightfully so.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

Scores were always to high for games. Anything below 80 was crap. Now I can at least buy a 70+ game knowing that it's good. Even a 60/65 will be decent, where as back then it would be barely playable.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

yvanjean said:
Emperorbach said:
lbp3 reviews are braking my heart
it is easily the best lbp by far

really the game came out yesterday, how many hours have you put in the game??

Beside a metascore of 79 is really good concidering the problem with the game. 

I've played all the LBP games and they are GOOD, not masterpieces, like the exagerated and inflated scores of last gen (95 and such) would suggest. 79 seems about right.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

well you can just blame the games that are bad for getting bad scores. it just so happens that not a lot of games have been rated as high as people would like and reviews are there to tell people what the reviewer thought the game deserves not what they think people want it to be rated. now when they come up with stupid reasons like "too hard" or "not able to use the controls" and other stupid reasons then they should not review the game at all or ells the game gets a score it might not deserve

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I prefer this route. Some studios are getting too lazy and mediocrity should not be rewarded. The quality of gameplay needs to improve as well, last gen gameplay running in 1080p isn't enough. You should "feel" the difference when playing, not just "see" it. In the end this benefits all of us so no need to be upset.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

I don't get it. Are they tired of people not taking them seriously? Do they thinking giving lower scores is going to make them legit or something? Is it just their time of the month?

The answer is easy. 
Gamescores must be improving thru the generation. So gameindustry could tell you that games became better and better. So, if they start generation with 90+ marks, than last Naughty Dog game will be 107, which is not right. 
So its like a new season in Diablo. Forget about the last one and start something new.

Fusioncode said:
super_etecoon said:
Fusioncode said:

I don't get it. Are they tired of people not taking them seriously? Do they thinking giving lower scores is going to make them legit or something? Is it just their time of the month?

LBP3 has game breaking bugs and you said that didn't bother you.  Perhaps you aren't being hardass enough?

Actually I said the bugs can be patched and I'll pick up the game later on when that has already happened. 

Reading is fun. 

actually all the patches have been released the game runs fine now

greatest LBP ever

I'm actually glad that reviewers are a bit more harsh this gen.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I think reviews have been just, so far. The only time I legitimately felt like the reviewer was being a hardass was on Gamespot's PC review of Dead Rising 3; and not because I'm biased with the game.

I suggest you people go read it.

Fusioncode said:
super_etecoon said:
Fusioncode said:

LBP3 has game breaking bugs and you said that didn't bother you.  Perhaps you aren't being hardass enough?

Actually I said the bugs can be patched and I'll pick up the game later on when that has already happened. 

Reading is fun. 

actually all the patches have been released the game runs fine now, day 1 patches have it running gravy

greatest LBP ever