By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire a 7.8 because of too much water.....

shikamaru317 said:

I've heard people complain about the amount of water in Ruby and Sapphire several times over the years. Never really understood the complaint myself, sure the surfing movement speed is slower than you can run or bike on land but that's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. People nitpick too much imo.

Yeah, people overblow the surfing WAY too much. Seriously, you could just load up on repels and get through the water routes in a few minutes. It's like they forget that this game also had a rainforest, desert, space headquarter, volcano city, and a lot more other locations that the other games in the series before it never had.  No, everyone complains about the damn water, which can be made obsolete by just buying a few repels -_-

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

I know absolutely nothing about Pokémon (just played the Blue Version on Gameboy Something like 20 years ago) but I just read the Review. The guy isn't complaining so much about the water in the Environment, but he's saying that there are too many watet Pokemons. It seems like they Appear in every Battle, so you just need one single tactic to get through the Game. In his case, it was an overleveled Pikachu. It makes the Game feel unbalanced and lacks a challenge.

If all that is true, he kinda had a Point.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

"Heavily favoring water. It’s especially noticeable in Alpha Sapphire, in which Team Aqua (the villains of the piece) use a lot of water types. It feels like there are water Pokémon in nearly every battle, and I have an overleveled Pikachu to show for it. You also have to navigate many bodies of water"

None of you guys read the review. The review is a girl!

OdinHades said:
I know absolutely nothing about Pokémon (just played the Blue Version on Gameboy Something like 20 years ago) but I just read the Review. The guy isn't complaining so much about the water in the Environment, but he's saying that there are too many watet Pokemons. It seems like they Appear in every Battle, so you just need one single tactic to get through the Game. In his case, it was an overleveled Pikachu. It makes the Game feel unbalanced and lacks a challenge.

If she didn't want to face so many water pokemon, maybe she should have played Omega Ruby instead, and bought more repels perhaps? Almost all of the water type trainers in the surf areas are very easy to avoid too...

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

Water is not that much problematic, in my opinion. There's no much diference between a regular route with trainers and grass and the sea routes, only no bycicle. I always found more annoying that route in Shinnoh that was always covered in fog, made the player lost accuracy on every battle and to clear the fog you needed an HM almost useless in battle.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

OdinHades said:

pokemon is a easy game, big news...  you never needed a good team to win the game.

generic-user-1 said:
OdinHades said:

pokemon is a easy game, big news...  you never needed a good team to win the game.

If they didn't learn from previous games, it makes the matter even worse. But seriously, I don't think just because "it has been this way forever" we should ignore everything bad about it. I mean, there are easy games and there are boring games. If there is no variety in the gameplay, it gets repetative to a point where even a child doesn't have fun with it.

Whatever, like I said, I don't know too much about Pokemon. But I think it would be fair if everyone calms down a bit and stops to hate on everyone who doesn't praise Pokemon as the second coming of christ. I don't know if this review is too harsh or anything, but there's no point in discussing it. Reviews are always subjective. If the reviewer didn't have too much fun with it, they should give it a lower score and not 90+ because "ZOMG, DEM POKEMONZ!". That is also the reason why I think scores in reviews are totally useless.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
generic-user-1 said:
OdinHades said:

If they didn't learn from previous games, it makes the matter even worse. But seriously, I don't think just because "it has been this way forever" we should ignore everything bad about it. I mean, there are easy games and there are boring games. If there is no variety in the gameplay, it gets repetative to a point where even a child doesn't have fun with it.

Whatever, like I said, I don't know too much about Pokemon. But I think it would be fair if everyone calms down a bit and stops to hate on everyone who doesn't praise Pokemon as the second coming of christ. I don't know if this review is too harsh or anything, but there's no point in discussing it. Reviews are always subjective. If the reviewer didn't have too much fun with it, they should give it a lower score and not 90+ because "ZOMG, DEM POKEMONZ!". That is also the reason why I think scores in reviews are totally useless.

if u fight waterpokemon or rockpokemon doenst change realy much.  

im stunned by the HIGH scores, its a remake of the weakest pokemon gen by far.

but lower the score because to much waterpokemon is just BS. (as long its ot Tentacool in EVERY FUCKN FIGHT, Tentacool is even more retarded than zubat...)

Well that wasn't the best review out there. Poor girl though, she just tried writing a review for IGN, it's hardly her fault they gave her one of the most dearly loved games in history to do it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.