By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *Reviews Aren't Accurate Anymore

NavyNut said:
Most Nintendo games comes out day 1 with minimal glitches and delivers a quality experience. All the other games that got reviewed this year that I have played on PS4 deserved the criticism that it got. They were good games but not must have that delivers an experience on par with what a 90+ game normally gives.

I will agree that Nintendo games tend to have less problems at launch. With that said, they also tend to delay their games the most. 2 different business strategy's.

1) Release a "broken" game & then release patches to fix it (The bugs are often not even that bad)

2) Delay a game until bugs are non-existent

Either way, you get your "working" game later than anticipated.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well then they need to learn how to manage their time... a lot of these developers have been in the industry for years and if they still havnt learnt how to manage their time efficiently, then they deserve it and the publisher also deserves getting critized for it as well

To be honest, it is the beginning of the gen. Maybe it will get better over time. If not, then...

Anyway, developers are probably under dead-lines. It's the publishers that need to learn to have a more realistic launch-time goal

*Sound Of Rain said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well then they need to learn how to manage their time... a lot of these developers have been in the industry for years and if they still havnt learnt how to manage their time efficiently, then they deserve it and the publisher also deserves getting critized for it as well

To be honest, it is the beginning of the gen. Maybe it will get better over time. If not, then...

Anyway, developers are probably under dead-lines. It's the publishers that need to learn to have a more realistic launch-time goal

I personally blame both. Publishers for not delaying the game and Developers for not being able to manage their time. Granted there are some exceptions where the publisher sets tooo much of a restrictive time but usually, they give the developers 2-3 years to make a game which after many years of working in the industry, they should know how to manage it more efficiently

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Reviews have lost all meaning a long time ago.

I'm going to wait to review this thread until it gets a logic patch.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

Knowing me you will be waiting an awfully long time for it

*Sound Of Rain said:
super_etecoon said:

Knowing me you will be waiting an awfully long time for it

Here's some logic...how about we use Metacritic to determine the percentage of the original price a developer can charge for their game.  So if a game gets a 75 on Metacritic, then the consumer should only be responsible for 75% of the value of that game.  As the game gets better (by your logic) then the developer can charge more.  Eventually (maybe) they will actually finish the game and can charge the full price for it.

I get what you are saying, but what is your solution to this? Should reviewers be asked to wait until devs and pubs have had a chance to patch and fix their game before they review it as a standard? How about we go back to when games weren't released until they were done. It wasn't that long ago. The "games were simpler and not as complex" reason that a lot of people say is a total copout also. Games have always trended with the technology available to them since the late 1970's. The modern problem with unfinished games being released is 100% caused by greed and consumers allowing it by pre-ordering and supporting season passes, dlc and nothing else.

Well, I remember a while back, IGN said they'd update the reviews of games that have changed significantly since launch. I still find the reviews accurate enough for me because I focus more on the article (and watch a few videos) than I do on the final score. And over time, you discover personal rules that apply for you. For example, I would enjoy any licensed game from a property I already love (Digimon, DragonballZ, etc) that scores 7.5 - 8 when reviewed by someone who isn't biased towards the property about as much as I would enjoy a regular 90s game. I also noticed that niche games or 3DS eshop games that score somewhere in the 80s are boring for me.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

super_etecoon said:

Here's some logic...how about we use Metacritic to determine the percentage of the original price a developer can charge for their game.  So if a game gets a 75 on Metacritic, then the consumer should only be responsible for 75% of the value of that game.  As the game gets better (by your logic) then the developer can charge more.  Eventually (maybe) they will actually finish the game and can charge the full price for it.

You should start a petition