By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V PS4 vs XBO comparison

GribbleGrunger said:
yvanjean said:

Really look at the title of the thread and gifs is showing one remote part of the game. What statement are you guys trying to make Xbox one version unplayable due to game breaking lack of grass and potential ruining online hide and seek game mode. Give me a gif of downtown and show the difference where it matters. 

What? When di I say the XB1 was unplayable? It's just the worse version visually.

I'm making my own comment on the absurdity of this thread grass comparison between versions. Overblown and rediculous claim about superiority of the PS4. Worse version visually is actually PS3 and Xbox 360. The PC Version on High end setting is going to blow away PS4/Xbox One visual and will support 4K.  

Graphical improvement doesn't make a game. Is last of us on PS3 now a 7/10 game now that it got remastered for the PS4??? 

Around the Network

So much for the "both are 1080p", had the X1 been 900p maybe the other aspects of the game would match.

If foliage had AI the Xbox One versoin would be better just like AC and you know it :p

Im rather waiting for DF this faceoff cause according to legit comparing videos they looked the same with different AA filtering maybe. Couldnt tell cause of the unsynced footage.

yvanjean said:

I'm making my own comment on the absurdity of this thread grass comparison between versions. Overblown and rediculous claim about superiority of the PS4. Worse version visually is actually PS3 and Xbox 360. The PC Version on High end setting is going to blow away PS4/Xbox One visual and will support 4K.  

Graphical improvement doesn't make a game. Is last of us on PS3 now a 7/10 game now that it got remastered for the PS4??? 

NO ONE here said ANYTHING along the lines of what you are talking about. Most even doubt this is really the XB1/PS4. But if it is to say that the difference is big is true and there is NOTHING wrong with that. No one said the XB1 version was unplayable or not good or whatever. But just people discussing the graphical difference. What is absurd about it? If the comparison is true the why is it ridiculous to say that graphically the PS4 version is superior? You seem to be going some other direction and making it sound like people are saying things that they CLEARY are not saying. My advice relax it is nothing to get all worked up over just simple discussion geez lol

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I have to put this pic in here because it was too funny not to.

Credit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139448254&postcount=994

Around the Network

Ps4 version is better, end of arguments, dont see why there needs to be such a ferrocious discussion about it or so much debate, ita clear aa day from the screenshots, and if there is an issue with the screenshot legitimacy, df will let us know.

Zekkyou said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Also, I'd suggest waiting for DF to confirm this.

I find it odd other areas look virtually the same but they had to cut back on grass.

Agreed, i'm still not convinced this comparison is legit. That said, lowering the amount or quality of foliage/grass is a common method of freeing up resources. You'd be surprised how demanding grass can be :p Especially if the lighting engine reacts to said grass.

I learned white well how demanding foliage is.  A few years ago I tried playing Obilion on my $300 netbook (HD 6310 graphics) and I was only getting ~10-15 FPS.  I simply turned grass off and boom: 20-30 FPS.

No hawk in PS4 pic obviously XBO is better

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Isn't this with the patch for PS4? Xbox One doesn't get it until tomorrow, unless I'm mistaken.

yvanjean said:

What's a PC got to do with a comparison between the XB1 and PS4 version? No grass is no grass, no matter how you look at it.

The PS5 Exists.