By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V PS4 vs XBO comparison

Zekkyou said:
Landguy said:
Too funny. I an't believe people still fall for this stuff. Clearly the map in the OP's picture shows they are in 2 different spots in the world. So, the ground cover will be different.

Either way, if we are going to count bushes from certain angles, this is going to be a long comparison. No need to even think about it, they are virtually identical.

I'm still not convinced this is true, but you have to be kidding with this explanation... Both shots are at functionally the same position, and from the same angle. The only difference is that the PS4 shot appears to be a few feet forwards, but that's it. Certainly not by anywhere near enough to drastically change the surrounding scenery.

There are other possible explanations, such as them using a random foliage generator, but yours is really grasping at straws. My only assumption is that you're miss interpreting the map locations due to the cars being parks at different distances from the road (the PS4 car is closer to the road, so the player moved a few feet away from it to match the X1 angle).

Same answer for you.  Look at the location maps in the lower corner of each.  THey are in SIMILAR locations.  But, the PS4 version has you 30-40feet or whatever closer to the trees.  In the XB1 version, you can see that the dense foliage starts 30-40 feet directly ahead in the picture.  I doubt that they would have random foliage genereators, but I guess I am not the designers.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
Landguy said:
Aura7541 said:
Landguy said:
Too funny. I an't believe people still fall for this stuff. Clearly the map in the OP's picture shows they are in 2 different spots in the world. So, the ground cover will be different.

Either way, if we are going to count bushes from certain angles, this is going to be a long comparison. No need to even think about it, they are virtually identical.

Of course they are in 2 different spots in the world. It's just they're only a few yards away from each other.

If you look closely at the 2 pics, you can see in the XB1 pic that if you move up 30-40 feet, there is the same dense foliage as in the location that the PS4 is showing.  Look at the location maps in the LL corner and it is obvious.

So.... they're in close proximity to each other and the PS4 version has more vegtation (especially the grass) if these pics are a clear representation of both versions. Gotcha.

Aura7541 said:
Landguy said:
Aura7541 said:
Landguy said:

Of course they are in 2 different spots in the world. It's just they're only a few yards away from each other.

If you look closely at the 2 pics, you can see in the XB1 pic that if you move up 30-40 feet, there is the same dense foliage as in the location that the PS4 is showing.  Look at the location maps in the LL corner and it is obvious.

So.... they're in close proximity to each other and the PS4 version has more vegtation (especially the grass) if these pics are a clear representation of both versions. Gotcha.

Yeah, right.  That's what you said.

I am not saying that the PS4 doesn't have moree foliage in some areas, but you can make the difference look much more by shanging the location on a few feet.  Follow the links back to the original articles these came from and you can see that these are mostly deceptive.

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:
Aura7541 said:

Yeah, right.  That's what you said.

I am not saying that the PS4 doesn't have moree foliage in some areas, but you can make the difference look much more by shanging the location on a few feet.  Follow the links back to the original articles these came from and you can see that these are mostly deceptive.

There will still be a lot of overlap if you only change the location a few feet. So.... it's not deceptive at all especially when you look at the position of the trees.

yvanjean said:

Really look at the title of the thread and gifs is showing one remote part of the game. What statement are you guys trying to make Xbox one version unplayable due to game breaking lack of grass and potential ruining online hide and seek game mode. Give me a gif of downtown and show the difference where it matters. 

What? When di I say the XB1 was unplayable? It's just the worse version visually.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

GribbleGrunger said:

What? When di I say the XB1 was unplayable? It's just the worse version visually.

While both have good framerate the drops happened more in Xbone version and it have judder.

Landguy said:

Same answer for you.  Look at the location maps in the lower corner of each.  THey are in SIMILAR locations.  But, the PS4 version has you 30-40feet or whatever closer to the trees.  In the XB1 version, you can see that the dense foliage starts 30-40 feet directly ahead in the picture.  I doubt that they would have random foliage genereators, but I guess I am not the designers.

Care to explain how, despite being "30 to 40 feet" forwards, the trees and mountains in the PS4 pic are scaled almost identically to the X1? Surely if the character was standing all the way by that foliage in the distance, the trees would be peaking quite a significant amount higher over the mountain in the PS4 pic? That is unless the basics of perspective have drastically changed while i was eating dinner.

In-fact if we sync the two images up, it appears to be the X1 picture that's very slightly forwards (though by a very small distance).

Again, i'm not saying these comparisons are legit, but your argument is really quite silly. It's true things can be made to look worse than they are when using drastically different angles, but that doesn't seem to be the case in these pictures (nor does your theory explain the differences in the top gif in the OP).

Zekkyou said:
cutzman25 said:
after seeing this I am switching from getting the X1 version and getting the PS4 version. Only thing that sucks is I have no friends on PSN :(

You should get whichever version your friends are playing ^^ Both versions are a stable 1080p/30fps, so gameplay wise they're essentially identical.

Also, I'd suggest waiting for DF to confirm this.

I find it odd other areas look virtually the same but they had to cut back on grass.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Also, I'd suggest waiting for DF to confirm this.

I find it odd other areas look virtually the same but they had to cut back on grass.

Agreed, i'm still not convinced this comparison is legit. That said, lowering the amount or quality of foliage/grass is a common method of freeing up resources. You'd be surprised how demanding grass can be :p Especially if the lighting engine reacts to said grass.

I'm half inclined to believe that the X1 screen is from the 360, but that wouldn't explain why the trees and distant render LOD are almost identical on both. Another possibility is they're both the PC version at different settings.

Suppose we will have to wait for DF before we know more.

Zekkyou said:

lowering the amount or quality of foliage/grass is a common method of freeing up resources. You'd be surprised how demanding grass can be :p Especially if the lighting engine reacts to said grass.

I'm half inclined to believe that the X1 screen is from the 360, but that wouldn't explain why the trees and distant render LOD are almost identical on both. Another possibility is they're both the PC version at different settings.

Suppose we will have to wait for DF before we know more.

True, but it seems they only use a significant amount of foilage in rural areas with little activity.

The draw distance and lighting on foilage in Forza Horizon 2 is very imrpressive, that's is also a 1080p game. So that's partially why I'm reluctant to believe these pics.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)