By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V PS4 vs XBO comparison

When you compare identical scenes, PS4 performs a bit better, like DF wrote: though the rare dropped frames seen on Xbox One are even less of an issue here. (PS4)

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Isn't this with the patch for PS4? Xbox One doesn't get it until tomorrow, unless I'm mistaken.

The XB1 version has patches already installed ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Not sure if true... But are we really using a last gen port as benchmark now ???

GribbleGrunger said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Isn't this with the patch for PS4? Xbox One doesn't get it until tomorrow, unless I'm mistaken.

It does? Hmmm thought I read somewhere it doesn't come out until tomorrow.

Captain_Tom said:
Zekkyou said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Also, I'd suggest waiting for DF to confirm this.

I find it odd other areas look virtually the same but they had to cut back on grass.

Agreed, i'm still not convinced this comparison is legit. That said, lowering the amount or quality of foliage/grass is a common method of freeing up resources. You'd be surprised how demanding grass can be :p Especially if the lighting engine reacts to said grass.

I learned white well how demanding foliage is.  A few years ago I tried playing Obilion on my $300 netbook (HD 6310 graphics) and I was only getting ~10-15 FPS.  I simply turned grass off and boom: 20-30 FPS.

There was actually a fix for that.
You could have gotten the low-poly grass and tree mods, combined with no-wind.
The mods actually didn't degrade the quality that much either, but the performance benefits were big.

Looking forward to GTA 5 PC next year, where I can run it in eyefinity, with all the things turned on, it's gonna' be glorious.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

It's the yellow shirt that gives it away.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Well the conclusion is better for Xbox one games run at 720p so they can put the grass in to the games.

HollyGamer said:
Well the conclusion is better for Xbox one games run at 720p so they can put the grass in to the games.

Rockstar just wanted to please gamers, they knew resolutiongate was the new thing, but now, it's old, the grassgate is better

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

NobleTeam360 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Rockstar has solved the issue that prevented some PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 owners from downloading a patch to fix transfer issues. An Xbox One and Xbox 360 fix should be available tomorrow.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/18/gta-online-experiencing-ps4-and-xbox-one-transfer-issues?abthid=546bc57f6e2d21793f000031

jlmurph2 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Rockstar has solved the issue that prevented some PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 owners from downloading a patch to fix transfer issues. An Xbox One and Xbox 360 fix should be available tomorrow.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/18/gta-online-experiencing-ps4-and-xbox-one-transfer-issues?abthid=546bc57f6e2d21793f000031

Ah ok so it's not for the graphics or anything though. So I'll have to say yeah it's a pretty decent difference between the Xbone and PS4 versions. Kind of wierd considering this game is hardly demanding.