By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 sold 1 million units to customers in Germany

vivster said:
Why is everyone assuming that it's sold through and not just shipped? And why am I unable to find the source for this?

There are dozen of big Germany market sites with the same news... did you want more source?

Around the Network

Nice job in Germany. And jeez, the PS4 is undertracked quite a bit.

soony_xbone_U said:

No. In Germany it was Gamestop exclusive. Gamestop in Germany is a very small retailer
The PS4 + Fifa 15 Bundle for 399 sold like hotcakes

You are right... Destiny is not included in the White SKU there.

White PS4 sold like hotcakes

BTW PS4 was supply cointrained in Germany until early August... Amazon.de had it sold out a lot of times in July for example.

soony_xbone_U said:
vivster said:
Why is everyone assuming that it's sold through and not just shipped? And why am I unable to find the source for this?

I had troubles, too.
Just a randwom website given that info without source.

But here is one reliable source:
http://www.mediabiz.de/games/news/eine-mio-playstation-4-in-deutschland-verkauft/387683?rss=1&premium=N&navi=00000000&t=1

They also release the German top 100 pal charts every week
Still no confirmation, if sold throug, or shipped.

That article says sold through btw.

Around the Network

Really impressive I must say, they have managed to make Playstation into the natural choice for most German gamers.

while some of you keep crying about if its sold or shipped. The PS4 has sold faster than the PS2 with these numbers in Germany, just amazing and with 0 games to play.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
ethomaz said:
vivster said:

There are dozen of big Germany market sites with the same news... did you want more source?

I wanted to see the information on the website of the actual source, SCEE. I thought maybe there was more to it than just that tiny snippet. But it seems it's just that. Press release that was sent to the German media directly.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

I wanted to see the information on the website of the actual source, SCEE. I thought maybe there was more to it than just that tiny snippet. But it seems it's just that. Press release that was sent to the German media directly.

Usually it is a email sent to the media market sites...

Like in UK they sent the email to MCV and similars... Media-market is the MCV in Germany.

If it will be any Sony news posted it will be in some Germany site like the PSBlog.de or Playstation.de... but remember that didn't happened to UK neither.

ethomaz said:

soony_xbone_U said:

No. In Germany it was Gamestop exclusive. Gamestop in Germany is a very small retailer
The PS4 + Fifa 15 Bundle for 399 sold like hotcakes

You are right... Destiny is not included in the White SKU there.

White PS4 sold like hotcakes

Yes, the plain white one sold proably very well.
But not as much, as the great Bundles 399€ for PS4 + Fifa 15, or 449€ for PS4 + Tlofu + second DS4 + camera

Amazon 2014 bestseller:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1
# 12 plain PS4
# 38 Infamous+Killzone+Knack Bundle
# 60 Fifa 15 Bundle

And Fifa 15 is only out since September
It's the equivalent to the white Destiny bundle for America which sold 300k