By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 sold 1 million units to customers in Germany

Lafiel said:
soony_xbone_U said:

It still can be wrong, bad wording, or anything else.
Either that 540k end of June figure is wrong, or this 1m figure is wrong. Both can't be true.

Ofcourse both can be true.

September and October already are better than average months for console sales and several high profile games released in that period.

No it can't
U don't sell 460k units through customers in 3 1/2 month in Germany that timeframe.
The PS4 sold 1050k units in the same time in the US. German sales nearly half as big as US ones?

And we still don't have the original PR, or any reliable source. I smell some weired troll bullshit.
It's either completely bs, it's a shipped figure, or one of the two announcements is wrong.

Around the Network

Well... Its seems there wont be adjustment since these numbers are not to believed to be sold through

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

tak13 said:
soony_xbone_U said:

Either that 540k end of June figure is wrong, or this 1m figure is wrong. Both can't be true.

yeah!As you saw, it s weird for me too!From 540k as of 30th of June to 1m as of 21th October!However,it s an official announcement and if it isn t sold-in,it s quite impressive!Everyone can be able to doubt if it is sold to consumers,because for example nintendo says in each FQ a plain:we sold x wii us,but they mean sold to stores(shipments)

Is it?
Gimme the original source, pls.
I still don't find anything.

If this was shipped by October 21st, then it is safe to assume that more have been shipped since.

Over 1 Million, but the question is how far over 1 Million by the end of the Year?

Edit -

To expand on this, the Wii U is sitting at ~370k sold and the Xbox One is sitting at ~200k sold by VGC estimates. Outstanding numbers for PS4. I wonder how long it will take to pass the PS3.

And I imagine France wont be too far behind. UK, France and Germany could total over 3.5 Million units combined alone by the end of the Holiday.

Aerys said:
Well... Its seems there wont be adjustment since these numbers are not to believed to be sold through

Yeah, Ioi think it's shipped...

Oh well, They will probably say something at the 5/6 december wich will help tracking.

Around the Network
soony_xbone_U said:
tak13 said:
soony_xbone_U said:

yeah!As you saw, it s weird for me too!From 540k as of 30th of June to 1m as of 21th October!However,it s an official announcement and if it isn t sold-in,it s quite impressive!Everyone can be able to doubt if it is sold to consumers,because for example nintendo says in each FQ a plain:we sold x wii us,but they mean sold to stores(shipments)

Is it?
Gimme the original source, pls.
I still don't find anything.

http://jpgames.de/2014/11/playstation-4-knackt-die-millionen-marke-in-deutschland/

SCEE press release

And it's probably sold to consumers, thanks to HUGE deals in germany (ps4 at 300 euros, 400 with 3games, etc)

soony_xbone_U said:

No it can't
U don't sell 460k units through customers in 3 1/2 month in Germany that timeframe.
The PS4 sold 1050k units in the same time in the US. German sales nearly half as big as US ones?

And we still don't have the original PR, or any reliable source. I smell some weired troll bullshit.
It's either completely bs, it's a shipped figure, or one of the two announcements is wrong.

you know in the US the sales are more split between the different consoles, while in Germany the PS4 seems to outpace the competition even more, so the overall market ofcourse isn't at ~50% of the US, but the PS4 sales might be able to do that

that said ofcourse it's possible they announced shipped numbers, but then I'd wonder why they do so ~4 weeks after the fact - usually they are quicker with that

Namiirei said:

http://jpgames.de/2014/11/playstation-4-knackt-die-millionen-marke-in-deutschland/

SCEE press release

That is NO original source. This is just a random website i never heard about before.
If u do an official press release, this has to be found somewhere in the internet.
I want that SCEE press relase or a reliable news website say the same and not just repeat that site, or neogaf wthout any further source.

This is how an official pr looks:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/playstation4-ps4-sales-surpass-10-million-units-worldwide-270947031.html

Right now, all news to the 1m announcement based on that website

edit: nvm finally i found a reliable source by myself: http://www.mediabiz.de/games/news/eine-mio-playstation-4-in-deutschland-verkauft/387683?rss=1&premium=N&navi=00000000&t=1

Other numbers from Germany:

Wii U: 350.000 until August (source: Bernd Fakesch interview)
Xbox one: 170.000 until August (source: GfK)

(PS4 numbers are October)

via http://jpgames.de/2014/11/playstatio...n-deutschland/

This is why Sony are not worried about Microsoft outselling them in next NPD. They are dominating everywhere else

And ioi yet says his numbers are right in the big EU countries lol