By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 sold 1 million units to customers in Germany

MepH said:

I also don't understand why it hasn't been adjusted to 1M as of October 25th...

By the way guys I also found an interview done by JDLI (a french magazine) and Philippe Cardon, CEO of Sony France, Benelux.
The Interview was done late September/early October.
http://www.jdli.com/dl/pdf/274/JDLI274.pdf at page 14 (french language, of course...)

I'll translate the interesting part here:

JDLI: After 10 Months on the market, is the PS4 still selling well ?
Philippe Cardon: Of course, sales of PlayStation 4 meet our expectations. The launch has been excellent and the demand is still very high across all territories. We announced at gamescom, less than nine months after the release, the figure of 10M sold worldwide. It took twice as long for the PlayStation 3 to reach that threshold, which clearly illustrates the dynamism of this new console. And we're talking about sell out, that is to say, sales to consumers, not the stores. The trend is very encouraging.
JDLI: Sales figures by territories, however, remains a secret...
Philippe Cardon: It's true that Sony has chosen not to provide sales and installed bases territory by territory. But we still announced that the UK sales had exceeded one million units. And at least one other European country is expected to exceed this threshold in a few weeks, I'll let you guess which one.

So it was expected...
Any thoughts ?

I checked the PS4's sales in France and VGC has it at 880k. It looks like the weekly average is 30-35k. So according to VGC, the PS4 will exceed 1 million in France in 4 weeks. However, a few weeks is less than that (I usually have "few" as 2 or 3). So we might be seeing an undertrack of 60k units in France. At least it's not as bad as other countries.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
MepH said:

I also don't understand why it hasn't been adjusted to 1M as of October 25th...

By the way guys I also found an interview done by JDLI (a french magazine) and Philippe Cardon, CEO of Sony France, Benelux.
The Interview was done late September/early October.
http://www.jdli.com/dl/pdf/274/JDLI274.pdf at page 14 (french language, of course...)

I'll translate the interesting part here:

JDLI: After 10 Months on the market, is the PS4 still selling well ?
Philippe Cardon: Of course, sales of PlayStation 4 meet our expectations. The launch has been excellent and the demand is still very high across all territories. We announced at gamescom, less than nine months after the release, the figure of 10M sold worldwide. It took twice as long for the PlayStation 3 to reach that threshold, which clearly illustrates the dynamism of this new console. And we're talking about sell out, that is to say, sales to consumers, not the stores. The trend is very encouraging.
JDLI: Sales figures by territories, however, remains a secret...
Philippe Cardon: It's true that Sony has chosen not to provide sales and installed bases territory by territory. But we still announced that the UK sales had exceeded one million units. And at least one other European country is expected to exceed this threshold in a few weeks, I'll let you guess which one.

So it was expected...
Any thoughts ?

I checked the PS4's sales in France and VGC has it at 880k. It looks like the weekly average is 30-35k. So according to VGC, the PS4 will exceed 1 million in France in 4 weeks. However, a few weeks is less than that (I usually have "few" as 2 or 3). So we might be seeing an undertrack of 60k units in France. At least it's not as bad as other countries.

Unless he meant Germany

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
Aura7541 said:

Unless he meant Germany

Oh, he might have meant Germany. Whoops. I wonder how close the PS4 is to exceeding 1 million in France, though.

Aura7541 said:

Oh, he might have meant Germany. Whoops. I wonder how close the PS4 is to exceeding 1 million in France, though.

I'm sure he meant Germany to be honest. Overall gen8 home+handheld hardware was overtracked from Jan-Sept 2014 in France, though it doesn't confirm that none of the console are actually undertracked.

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M

Is that right ? I've heard of a shortage of supply in France and Germany.
everybody will a ps4. 2015 is the best gaming-year ever maybe.