By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 sold 1 million units to customers in Germany

Something tell me VGC wwill adjust X1 to 1M in Uk, but not PS4 to 1M in Germany, will be funny to see

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Something tell me VGC wwill adjust X1 to 1M in Uk, but not PS4 to 1M in Germany, will be funny to see

Maybe Just one of the news will be Said shipped and the other *shipped*

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Daisy said:

Speaking as a person born & living in germany, there is utterly no competition here for the PlayStation 4.
Germany hates Microsoft products in general and after the xbox one disaster with the always on, snooping around etc... they screwed up really bad over here cause you know the germans and their privacy, damaging their mostly non existing reputation even more..and let me not start on the wii u which flopped over here too. Currently the only good selling consoles in germany are the Ps4 & 3DS.

So true. Even if they are great like the Surface.

German like quality and want a console that supports over 7 years. They also like anime games and Japanese RPGs.

Because of this! buy there all a PS4. In France, too.

PS4 is now 970k in Germany on VGchartz

Looks like they changed their mind and realised it's sold through number as reported back when the news first came out. No idea why admin here decided it's shipped. I expect more from a company like VGChartz who claim to have access to various data points.

I start to see why neogaf ban this site tbh.

VGC has become a reactive site rather than a actual tracker. 

Around the Network
Jabbamk1 said:

Looks like they changed their mind and realised it's sold through number as reported back when the news first came out. No idea why admin here decided it's shipped. I expect more from a company like VGChartz who claim to have access to various data points.

Except it's still undertracked by 100k+ as of Oct 21 (it reached 1m at that time)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Jabbamk1 said:

I've been banned here for saying pretty much the same thing " i understand why VGC is banned on neogaf " , by the admin itself " annoying "

Ninsect said:
Jabbamk1 said:

Except it's still undertracked by 100k+ as of Oct 21 (it reached 1m at that time)

Wow... Still, they adjusted the X1 at 1M with no undertracking, but dont want to do the same for PS4 in Germany ?  It pretty much confirms what everyone thought... The fact Sony tells lie and only VGC knows it

Ninsect said:
Jabbamk1 said:

So even after adjustments, PS4 is still undertracked by quite a bit... :S

I also don't understand why it hasn't been adjusted to 1M as of October 25th...

By the way guys I also found an interview done by JDLI (a french magazine) and Philippe Cardon, CEO of Sony France, Benelux.
The Interview was done late September/early October.
http://www.jdli.com/dl/pdf/274/JDLI274.pdf at page 14 (french language, of course...)

I'll translate the interesting part here:

JDLI: After 10 Months on the market, is the PS4 still selling well ?
Philippe Cardon: Of course, sales of PlayStation 4 meet our expectations. The launch has been excellent and the demand is still very high across all territories. We announced at gamescom, less than nine months after the release, the figure of 10M sold worldwide. It took twice as long for the PlayStation 3 to reach that threshold, which clearly illustrates the dynamism of this new console. And we're talking about sell out, that is to say, sales to consumers, not the stores. The trend is very encouraging.
JDLI: Sales figures by territories, however, remains a secret...
Philippe Cardon: It's true that Sony has chosen not to provide sales and installed bases territory by territory. But we still announced that the UK sales had exceeded one million units. And at least one other European country is expected to exceed this threshold in a few weeks, I'll let you guess which one.

So it was expected...
Any thoughts ?

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M