By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 sold 1 million units to customers in Germany

Lafiel said:
Ninsect said:

Nah 13.5m is just the old shipments he is quoting. Sony haven't announced WW sold through numbers since the 10m announcement. Next chance for it will be the PS Experience in Dec

or black friday PR, but yea the PS Experience seems more likely for WW numbers

True, it's possible although I think they would just mention sales for that specific day/week.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Aerys said:
bananaking21 said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6841341

lol. this is just epic. so true

Its really difficult to believe this site is not biased when you see that...

No dude. It's not biased. ioi "doesn't know where the numbers came from", so unless you, personally, have better tracking methods than ioi, you just need to stfu. Because "1 million sold to consumers in Germany" could be an optimistic figure from Sony PR and, in reality, is pretty inconclusive because the wording was phrased a certain way. Not direct and concise at all.

Meanwhile, "nearly 10 million" equals 9.99M shipped (even though it was just 7.4M shipped a month ago) with 8.5M sold to consumers (although no one from MS has actually said that), and that is an undeniable, unambiguous, totally direct fact.

Massive congrats to Sony. Just shows you why they don't go all out in the US. The gap between them and their competitors in Germany will soon be bigger than that same gap in the US. Big under tracking on here for Germany which is the richest country in the EU by far. Not surprising there console sales are catching up to the UK.

Lafiel said:
Aerys said:
Now, it'll be fun to see if this will be adjusted or not, and what will be the excuse if it's not

we already heard it, didn't we ?  "These are shipped numbers, not sold."

He said that before it was confirmed to be sold through, now he needs an other excuse

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

GribbleGrunger said:
Sh1nn said:
"EDIT: For clarification:
Sony confirmed this as systems sold to customers."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139502533&postcount=221

That's all I need. 1 Million sold through to customers it is, which makes the 'sold' figure 13.5m more likely.

It's probably way more than 13.5 millions sold now. It was the numbers shipped as of 30 september, Soon it will be 2 months since this numbers...

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Lafiel said:
Aerys said:
Now, it'll be fun to see if this will be adjusted or not, and what will be the excuse if it's not

He said that before it was confirmed to be sold through, now he needs an other excuse

"We don't know where those numbers came from", "our tracking methods don't indicate numbers that high", "I'm not just gonna rely on one source from the company that stands to benefit the most from the announcement", etc.

arghhhhh when reading all of you guys I want to be on Dec 5th already to hope for a WW announcement. then VGC could adjust numbers and then we'd see less complains for Xmas ; )

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M

BMaker11 said:
Aerys said:
Lafiel said:
Aerys said:

"We don't know where those numbers came from", "our tracking methods don't indicate numbers that high", "I'm not just gonna rely on one source from the company that stands to benefit the most from the announcement", etc.

The last one is probably the best

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
BMaker11 said:
Aerys said:

The last one is probably the best

ioi actually said that about Sony's 10M announcement, so it's totally feasible and not just some ad hoc comment I fabricated as a possible excuse. And it's funny, too, because when one source (the emcee for MSs E3 press conference) made the 84 million 360s announcement, that was totally trusted and 360 on VGC was immediately boosted from 77M to 82M or 83M.

walsufnir said:
Expected and deserved given how much money Sony spends here and generally in Europe. They managed to make Playstation the one name for gaming.

How is this deserved thanks to Sony spending money? There is not even half as many commercials as there were during the PS3 era.  It even feels like microsoft is having more commercials than Sony. There is no flyers in shops or anything.

Or are you talking about the Metro Group "confusion" deal? 

Even Sony does not know why the console sells so much. It just does (word of mouth)