By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 sold 1 million units to customers in Germany

Wii U - 350,000 in Germany
XOne- 170,000 in Germany

Data via Nintendo and GFK as of August 2014.

PS4- 1 million

As of October 2014 via Sony

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
over 250k undertracked. massive undertracking. imagine the rest of EU

Whilst I agree.  Germany is a relatively large market.  The rest of the EU isnt, mostly.

And we are rich! No, honestly, PS4 discounts can be found easily in Germany, nobody has to pay 300 Euro for a PS4. There are enough discounts available to choose from.

I seriously gotta look around more I guess, good thing I haven't bought one yet or else I'd be really pissed if it's that easy to find one for less than 300€

It took PS3 22 months to reach 1 million. Very good achievement by PS4. It is probably outselling closest competitor buy 3:1 ratio.

That pretty much confirms what we all thought, at least 1M undertracked in thé world

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

New milestone for Sony Computer Entertainment PlayStation®4 cracks the million mark in Germany Neu-Isenburg, November 18, 2014th Sony Computer Entertainment Germany announced today that already over 1,000,000 PlayStation®4 systems were sold in Germany. The milestone was reached on 21 October 2014. This impressive number PS4 ™ can underline the enormous popularity among the gaming community once again less than a year after the official launch. Due to the outstanding success of the world already has ten (!) Million copies sold next-gen platform not only ensures the "pole position" in the German console market, but is also largely responsible for its continuous growth.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
DerNebel said:
walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
over 250k undertracked. massive undertracking. imagine the rest of EU

Whilst I agree.  Germany is a relatively large market.  The rest of the EU isnt, mostly.

And we are rich! No, honestly, PS4 discounts can be found easily in Germany, nobody has to pay 300 Euro for a PS4. There are enough discounts available to choose from.

I seriously gotta look around more I guess, good thing I haven't bought one yet or else I'd be really pissed if it's that easy to find one for less than 300€

Ooops, meant 399, of course I'm on mobile, will edit later.

Possible that this is shipped? Otherwise we're looking at almost 300k undertracking in Germany alone as of Oct 21.
Either way, that is some next-gen domination

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

soony_xbone_U said:
tak13 said:

From 540k as of june 30th to 1m as of October 21th....460k in three and a half months?On the same pace with uk numbers?wtf?.........

Not on the same pace with UK numbers. WAY better if this news in anywhere near the truth.

PS4 end of 2013 in UK: 530k
PS4 end of 2013 in Germany: 250k

PS4 end of June in Germany: 540k

PS4 as of 9th September in UK: 1m
PS4 as of 21th October in Germany: 1m

it s true!it s an official announcement!IMPRESSIVE! xbone and ps4 must have a tremendous gap in Germany,xbone was even behind wiiu with a big gap there(double difference).

Also...ps4 has sold 300k in Germany more than it has sold in its native country...sony,become a european company!:P

kivi95 said:
soony_xbone_U said:

Here are some sales and dates:

PS4 launch end of 2013 in UK: 530k
PS4 launch end of 2013 in Germany: 250k
PS4 end of June in Germany: 540k
PS4 9th September in UK: 1m
PS4 21th October in Germany: 1m

Something is very wrong here.

PS4 was extremely supply constrained last year and upto April/May this year.

PS4 was supply constrained until March in Germany.
That still doesn't explain why Germany should sell way more PS4 form July to November than the UK did

460k units in three and a half month is just unbeliveable.
The PS4 sold 915k units form July - September in the US + 2 weeks October (probably around 135k). That would result in 1050k
Germany nearly sold half of us sales for the same Timeframe?

DerNebel said:

You could get a ps4 with knack + killzone + infamous + 1 year ps+ for 400 euros in germany, on amazon.de. It was a great offer.

Even for 350 euros on some stores.

Now i wait for something similar for Xmas to get one.