By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 sold 1 million units to customers in Germany

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
over 250k undertracked. massive undertracking. imagine the rest of EU

Whilst I agree.  Germany is a relatively large market.  The rest of the EU isnt, mostly.

The tracking in the UK is fine I believe.

But the rest of the EU is the most pro Playstation region of all Europe. The one console that have the most to lose because not good tracking there is Playstation. UK doesn't mean so much to Sony as the competition.

Around the Network

Well I guess that means the PS4 will be adjusted down next week

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
over 250k undertracked. massive undertracking. imagine the rest of EU

Whilst I agree.  Germany is a relatively large market.  The rest of the EU isnt, mostly.

The tracking in the UK is fine I believe.

considering gemerany  is the second largest EU console market that is pretty clear. however the rest of EU, excluding UK and germany still present a good chunk of sales when combined together. its also quite clear there is undertracking not just the PS4, but XB1 on a global basis, and since we know USA numbers, most likely a good chunk of that is from EU. 

UK is pretty much on track from the numbers we got recently. 

As expected, big undertracking in Europe.

200k in germany so how many in the rest of europe ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

250k+ actually

Around the Network
Aerys said:

300k probably. Vgchartz numbers now are for the 8 november.

This is numbers from 21 ocrober, so 3 weeks before.

soony_xbone_U said:

Here are some sales and dates:

PS4 launch end of 2013 in UK: 530k
PS4 launch end of 2013 in Germany: 250k
PS4 end of June in Germany: 540k
PS4 9th September in UK: 1m
PS4 21th October in Germany: 1m

Something is very wrong here.

PS4 was extremely supply constrained last year and upto April/May this year.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

GribbleGrunger said:
So, there's 210k ... What about the rest of Europe?

I'm sure that is undertracked by 300K-350K in France.

France is better market for the console (not in total), PS3 have sold more in France than in Germany for example, and according to VGChartz PS4 have sold less than in Germany... and less than the Germany undertracked (les than 800K), not the real Germany sales.

SCE Germany announces today that over 1 million PS4 systems have been sold in Germany already. The milestone was reached on October 21st 2014. This impressive number less than 1 year after its official launch once again underlines the huge popularity of the PS4 with the gaming community. Thanks to this extraordinary success the PS4, which has already sold over 10 million units worldwide, does not only secure its "pole position" in the german console market but is also largely responsible for its continuous growth.

Translated it, if anyone cares.

tak13 said:

From 540k as of june 30th to 1m as of October 21th....460k in three and a half months?On the same pace with uk numbers?wtf?.........

Not on the same pace with UK numbers. WAY better if this news in anywhere near the truth.

PS4 end of 2013 in UK: 530k
PS4 end of 2013 in Germany: 250k

PS4 end of June in Germany: 540k

PS4 as of 9th September in UK: 1m
PS4 as of 21th October in Germany: 1m