By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 sold 1 million units to customers in Germany

Truly a console to surpass the awesome PS2.

Already doing it in so many markets.

Around the Network

Less than a year to get about a 1/4 of PS3.

Yo PS4, you gotta good future ahead of ya.

AZWification said:
Aerys said:
AZWification said:

Maaaann.... The PS4 is so undertracked in Germany that it's not even funny!

This situation becomes really silly

Hopefully things will get fixed as soon as possible!

It doesnt seem, since the big boss refuses to believe it's sold through numbers :/

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

postofficebuddy said:
Wasn't the PS4 supply constrained to an almost ridiculous degree in Germany for several months? IIRC there were reports of launch preorders not being fulfilled until February or March. It would make sense for sales to pick up significantly once stock started to become more readily available.

Yes, it was hevy supply constrained until end of March
It was way better early/mid of April. But some individual offline stores still had low stock until June (If u really wanted a PS4, u could easily get one for a normal price, after April)

BeElite said:
Truly a console to surpass the awesome PS2.

Already doing it in so many markets.

I guess this generation will end sooner than the gen PS2 dominated. But while it's still hot, it has chances of outselling it on a yearly base.

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
Wasn't the PS4 supply constrained to an almost ridiculous degree in Germany for several months? IIRC there were reports of launch preorders not being fulfilled until February or March. It would make sense for sales to pick up significantly once stock started to become more readily available.

At my local retailer (Media Markt) there were no consoles on shelves until June. It was a little bit better online, but yeah, it was pretty supply constrained all in all.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

It's a pity we have to go through this major undertracking yet again..

drake_tolu said:

Undertracked...by 200K... as the usual.

Why i'm not surprised?

250K under, considering this is as of 21 Oct we should reference the 25 Oct LTD here which was 745K.

VGC still needs to allocate those 250K across many weeks of sales leading up to 25 Oct, so don't expect too quick of a fix.

13.5 million sell through as of today seems like the lowest estimate of where PS4 is really at.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6841341

lol. this is just epic. so true

DerNebel said:
Barkley said:

Now I don't know what to think!, Like I said earlier those pesky German's confusing everybody again!

Sorry, that's what we do.

But it should be noted that mediabiz/Gamesmarkt is pretty trustworthy, they gave us the numbers in June as well.

so let me get this straight

1- the article its self says sold through

2- when sony mentioned worldwide numbers they mentioned the last announced sold through numbers, which are 10 million, much less and older than the offical shipped numbers of 13.5 million. 

3- the same source that gave us the last sold through numbers are giving us these sold through numbers, yet we are taking the old numbers as accurate numbers and the new numbers as wrong?