By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 sold 1 million units to customers in Germany

According to Gaf it took PS3 22 months to reach 1million in Germany. PS4 is such a beast!

Around the Network
soony_xbone_U said:

That is not ture. The PS4 had only noticeable supply issues until the end of March.
The Ps4 was never that hard to find since April. The April - June supply issues reports are form other (small) European countries like Finnland and Denmark.

maybe mid/end april you could get one on amazon for 399€.
but in stores I had troubles to even see one until end of may where I live.

poklane said:
According to Gaf it took PS3 22 months to reach 1million in Germany. PS4 is such a beast!

Ps2 was 20 month
This is below 11 month. ridiculous

Lusche said:
soony_xbone_U said:

That is not ture. The PS4 had only noticeable supply issues until the end of March.
The Ps4 was never that hard to find since April. The April - June supply issues reports are form other (small) European countries like Finnland and Denmark.

maybe mid/end april you could get one on amazon for 399€.
but in stores I had troubles to even see one until end of may where I live.

Can be true. I just know the Ps4 was restocked at Amazon and other online store on early April and never really sold out again.
Ofc i don't know the stock situation for every retail store. But it was nowhere near the same like January - March

Did ioi really come out to say it was shipped when the article states it's sold through? REALLY?

If this is a sold through number then holy cripes PS4 is killing it in Europe

Around the Network

nvm wrong topic

2 of those belong to me. :)

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

4k1x3r said:
Did ioi really come out to say it was shipped when the article states it's sold through? REALLY?

You know that if he knew it meant sold through he would say that if the PR is to be believed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Wasn't the PS4 supply constrained to an almost ridiculous degree in Germany for several months? IIRC there were reports of launch preorders not being fulfilled until February or March. It would make sense for sales to pick up significantly once stock started to become more readily available.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

drake_tolu said:

Undertracked...by 200K... as the usual.

Why i'm not surprised?

200k in one country only?

That's INSANE