By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Mod Applications (Deadline Reached, Application Process Over)

Tagged games:

Teeqoz said:
Wright said:
alrightiwill said:

Most of the time they're actually people posting who get a tiny cut of the click revenue. Which is why we don't get flooded. They can't script bots to dig up hundreds of articles and post at once.

I don't understand these spammers. They should just load like 500 threads, copy and paste their crap into the field and then press submit like speedy gonzalez. Would be a nightmare, unless VGC has some flood protection

There's flood protection. You can't post like speedy-gonzalez. VGC prevents you from doing so.

How do you know?

He's been here for less than 2 years and has ~60% the amount of posts that I do at 7 years. He obviously is a spammer.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
alrightiwill said:
That's good to hear :)

While I have no interest in being a mod, is there any sub-forum to discuss site rules and propose changes?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/board.php?id=13

Gosh, look at the time. It's Sunday already!!!

It's sleepy time. Good Luck to everyone!

WhiteEaglePL said:
Gosh, look at the time. It's Sunday already!!!

It's sleepy time. Good Luck to everyone!

No, it's Saturday, 7:35PM and the Islanders and Penguins have 7 minutes left in the 1st period.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Tachikoma said:
Wright said:
Tachikoma said:

Lets be honest here, you'd ban anyone who so much as felt neutral towards nintendo, and permaban anyone who dared speak ill.

Let's try reverse-logic here, as an exercise of free will. Who would you ban, if given the power and being free from consequences?

Conegamer so his dog would take his place, conegamersdog was more fun.

And generally just people that blatently break the rules.

Hey! Some of us have feelings you know :'-(

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:

I'm sure there's a strict process in how the mods decide based on the applications that Smeags likes the most.  So not automatic I would say.  

But who knows what applications he would like most!

Well actually it's not just Smeags, it's Trucks too. But also, it's the rest of the mod team as well who decide to put forwards pros and cons for all of the applicants to allow us to arrive at a conclusion. Yeah, that may take some time, but it would be worth it for the community to get the best users possible for the job!

Teeqoz said:
Wright said:
alrightiwill said:

Most of the time they're actually people posting who get a tiny cut of the click revenue. Which is why we don't get flooded. They can't script bots to dig up hundreds of articles and post at once.

I don't understand these spammers. They should just load like 500 threads, copy and paste their crap into the field and then press submit like speedy gonzalez. Would be a nightmare, unless VGC has some flood protection

There's flood protection. You can't post like speedy-gonzalez. VGC prevents you from doing so.

How do you know?

How do you not know? It gets annoying when you are trying to reply to multiple users, or even reserve the second post in a thread.

Clyde32 said:

How do you not know? It gets annoying when you are trying to reply to multiple users, or even reserve the second post in a thread.

Because I don't operate that quickly. I also still haven't made a thread where I need to reserve a post.

Teeqoz said:
Clyde32 said:

Because I don't operate that quickly. I also still haven't made a thread where I need to reserve a post.

You're missing out. It's quite the experience.

Conegamer said:
Tachikoma said:
Wright said:
Tachikoma said:

Lets be honest here, you'd ban anyone who so much as felt neutral towards nintendo, and permaban anyone who dared speak ill.

Let's try reverse-logic here, as an exercise of free will. Who would you ban, if given the power and being free from consequences?

Conegamer so his dog would take his place, conegamersdog was more fun.

And generally just people that blatently break the rules.

Hey! Some of us have feelings you know :'-(

I miss your dog, those are my feelings :(