By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 coming to PC?

Mystro-Sama said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Its not like MS hasn't done this before.

Well Windows is their platform, its not surprsing when they allow a developer to support it.

Anyhow, let me entertain this for a moment. Both are great games but aren't system sellers. So if they come to Windows, great. More people can play them.

Yea, but they don't own Steam, neither do they manufacturer high end PC parts. So how do they really benefit?

Umm yes they would benefit since they would get money from each copy sold. 

Around the Network

I would get sunset overdrive if it came out on pc

Consoles owned: Wii U wii gamecube DS DS lite DSi 3DS Xbox 360 Gameboy Gameboy color Gameboy advance Gameboy Advance sp Gameboy micro and PC. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Well Windows is their platform, its not surprsing when they allow a developer to support it.

Anyhow, let me entertain this for a moment. Both are great games but aren't system sellers. So if they come to Windows, great. More people can play them.

Yea, but they don't own Steam, neither do they manufacturer high end PC parts. So how do they really benefit?

Yes, but wouldn't that logic apply to every other console manufacturer? Since they can just make money off each copy sold as well? The point is when a game is strictly exclusive to a platform it gives you a leg up on the competition and boosts hardware sales.

If its true, it would be awesomeee

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

You never know with Microsoft. Exclusive doesn't majorly mean exclusive with them. In relation to them its the loosest i've ever seen that word being used.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yes, but wouldn't that logic apply to every other console manufacturer? Since they can just make money off each copy sold as well? The point is when a game is strictly exclusive to a platform it gives you a leg up on the competition and boosts hardware sales.

Well if the game ends up selling poorly on that single platform then from MS's perspective it makes sense to port it over to PC where it could potentially gain more sales and thus more money. I don't agree with this strategy though since all it does is tell people who bought it for Xbox is that if a sequel or something  happens it'll com to PC if you wait 6 or so months. 

Why in the world would anyone doubt that an Xbox "Exclusive" from a third party would come to PC. Of course it will.

These titles on PC next year wouldn't affect XB1 sales that much. Heck, they didn't affect it's sales much at their launches.

My 8th gen collection

Mystro-Sama said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Mystro-Sama said:

It gives people more incentives to stick with Windows over Linux, Mac, etc.

Hence, MS is fine with those games on PC as long as they aren't on competing operating systems.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I believe it's a mistake, just wait a few month if this true we will hear some rumor from Gaf and reddit

I do want the games comes to PC so i don't have to buy Xbox One but the reality is Xbox one need a lot of exclusive to stay competitive with PS4, so i am not expecting to much.